It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Weigh in... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Kody got weighed at the vet yesterday and when we got (at 3 months old...2 months ago...he's now 5 months) he weighed 18lbs and is now at 35lbs. I think he looks a bit skinny, but I guess 15lbs for puppy in a 2 month span is normal. I can hardly pick him up anymore!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Cheyenne came in at 46 yesterday Smile 3lbs gained!!! My little skinny mini is finally gaining weight.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:14 pm

How old is Cheyenne?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 am

She's 2 and a half 9/18/08 We've always struggled to keep weight on her.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:06 am

wow, she is a skinny minny...so cute! She can happily take some of Mya's chunky pounds if she likes Wink
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:08 am

Ginger had her 6 month check-up and weighed in today at 59.7 lbs.
No gain, no loss....

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Got weighed at the vet today, everyone's right on target! Very Happy

Dakota - 54 lbs
Faith - 6 lbs
Glory - 6.6 lbs

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:10 pm

MelissaI wrote:

Hi! So since I uploaded these pics back in December Mya has lost about 3-4lbs.
Weigh in... - Page 7 DSC02272

Weigh in... - Page 7 DSC02271

Weigh in... - Page 7 DSC02276

Weigh in... - Page 7 DSC02273

Now, Check out some pics of her today. Can you tell?????

Weigh in... - Page 7 DSC03698

Weigh in... - Page 7 DSC03699

Weigh in... - Page 7 DSC03695
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Good job! her coat is so light right now! and you can really tell from the top and side shot!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks! I'm going to give some of that credit to Kody. He keeps her on her toes..LOL! Between changing her food and buying her healthy treats she's doing better. I think she still needs to loose another 3, but let's see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:00 pm

I forgot about this thread.

Puppins was 8lbs at first, and at Petsmart it read 33.4lbs last Saturday.

Sioux is up to 112 now. I'm getting sick and tired of him and his non stop hunger (thyroid has been checked). Idiot dog eats out of frustration I think.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Wow, 112! Which one is Sioux?

Kody weighed 40lbs at the vet last week when we get for the "bump" issue lol!
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:09 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Wow, 112! Which one is Sioux?

The stupid one that looks like a pig...
Weigh in... - Page 7 IMG_20101212_141308
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Aww... Good job, Melissa! I can definitely tell the difference Smile

And Eddy, piggy is just so cute though! Smile

Weigh in... - Page 7 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Awww, but a cute pig!!!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Koda wrote:
Aww... Good job, Melissa! I can definitely tell the difference Smile

Yay! You can tell? My hubby doesn't seem to think so! =\
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Melissa,
i think when you are with them every day its hard to tell. that is how i feel about sierra but once we get her on the scale and its less i always feel good even if i think she looks the same!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:24 pm

How much has Sierra lost?
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm

I think his last one was around 108. That's embarrassing. I try to watch and control what he is doing, but he eats so chaotically (fast sometimes and slow other times) and the others will openly let him in their food. After puppy he's been crazy getting into everything food. Cat food, other dogs' food, goose poop, trash, kitty rocha and rushes the dog food closet like a special ops soldier when I take the vacuum out. Hungry hungry piggy.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:34 pm

Good job Melissa!
Totally can tell!

I swear Ginger and Sierra was the same size when I first met Sierra back in August/September! Now, I look at Sierra, and feel like she's petite next to Ginger! I can tell them apart by size now!

Ginger is still holding her weight since we got her back on track from her diarreha issues, but when I took her to our old vet (that we're finishing up memebership), he could tell right away Ginger has gained a lot more muscle mass than when he last saw her 4-5 months ago. He says she is right where she should be...but I'd still like to get a few pounds off her...

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:40 pm

MelissaI wrote:
How much has Sierra lost?

her max i think was at 61-62lbs.. last weigh in i believe i said she was at 51lbs.. would have to go back and look, so around 10lbs loss i think safe to say at least 8lbs. she gets 3/4C 2xs a day and it is a mix of nature domain grain free salmon food with the wellness core grain free reduced cal food. she also have been getting a lot more fresh fruit and veggies since i have them in the house now. can't get away with cutting anything up and not sharing it. wonder if her weight has gone back up now?...

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:20 pm

wow 8-10lbs is awesome!! Mya needs to get to at least 60lbs! She's at 67 now I believe. I should look into that Wellness Core Grain Free reduced cal food! Do you get it at your local pet store? I've been giving Mya green beans as treats,but I think she's kinda sick of them. Other than that she gets Blue Buffalo Health Bars. They're 29 calories per bar, but they're pretty big so out of one bar she gets 3 treats.l I only really give her treats to get her to come in the house from the yard. Without the treat i'll be calling her stubborn butt for 20min!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:00 pm

At almost a year and eight months, Bodhi weighs 40 lbs. He's small, but feisty. And can he ever jump!

My last husky, Tasha's weight stayed around 57 lbs. as long as she was running. Her running days ended when she got cancer at age 9. Until she died at 14, she just walked for exercise. Her weight then was between 67 and 70 lbs.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Melissa,
i get the wellness core at petco. most places carry it.

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Sabaka was 28.6 last week at 16 weeks. Doing great and still heading toward the size of his 65 lb daddy. pale

I can't help but wonder if, like humans, better nutrition is increasing the average size of many dog breeds. If so, shouldn't the AKC recognize this? There are many beautiful, healthy-weight huskies that are just large. Our breeder planned to breed Sabaka's aunt but she grew too tall and now weighs 70 lbs. Some discussions accuse us husky lovers of wanting large, tough-looking dogs when huskies, as you all know, are really medium-size and build dogs. Whatever.... I've had the 35 lb petite husky, I think this time I get to move to the upper end of the height/weight scale!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next