It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Eye change help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Odin Gibbs
Newborn
Newborn

Eye change help Empty
PostSubject: Eye change help   Eye change help EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 1:04 pm

Hi can anyone help. My Odin  had a blue and brown eye heterochromia always.  Now his blue eye has changed and is grey with brown vein like specks all over.  Anyone got any ideas?.
I think his vision isn't perfect as he seems to sniff out treats.  Vet visit on Monday bit I am worried. 
Has, anyone had this before. 
Pictures not wonderful to see. Eye change help Screen11
Eye change help Screen10
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Newborn
Newborn

Eye change help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye change help   Eye change help EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 7:29 am

How did it go at the vets, hope everything went ok.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Eye change help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye change help   Eye change help EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 10:59 am

I have to laugh at the international culture I find on forums, etc. @Hiro, at 07:30 my time asked @Odin_Gibbs how his vet visit went - when ... well, was his vet even open or what time zone are we talking about here?? While it's not even noon here (in Texas, USA btw), it's already early / late evening in Europe ....

I was no help regarding Odin's eye colour but I am curious regarding both diagnosis and prognosis.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Newborn
Newborn

Eye change help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye change help   Eye change help EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 11:13 am

I am in Asia living, so it has just gone midnight here.
I have no idea where Odin resides, and your right, maybe the vet was not open when I posted the message, I just thought I would post it whilst I was on the forum and remembered about it I am no spring chicken these days, so I can be forgetful sometimes, that is my excuse and I am sticking to it. Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Eye change help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye change help   Eye change help EmptyTue Sep 03, 2024 9:02 am

My initial question would be how much time is between these two photos? The before photo looks like your dog is considerably younger, while the more current photo your dog looks to have a lot more white flecking to his fur suggesting he's older. Eye color can change with age. The bright blue is often more pronounced while a dog is young and it will often fade as they age. By around 5 many blue eyed huskies will lean toward being more grey toned. By 9 or 10 it's common to start seeing degeneration in the eye that can cause other color fading or even small micro bursts in the blood vessels in the eye. Doesn't necessarily mean anything nefarious, just that the eyes are getting older.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Eye change help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye change help   Eye change help EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 2:33 am

What Jenn said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eye change help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye change help   Eye change help Empty

Back to top Go down

Eye change help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1