It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

A day in the life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

A day in the life - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in the life   A day in the life - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2024 3:23 pm

my god!!! Those are some really big blackberries or you have very small hands!!  in either case they look delicious!

My memories of childhood on the farm involved blueberries - smallbush - and raspberries and blackberries of the wild variety so, while they weren't large, they tasted great!  Also the cherry tree that my other grandfather cut down ... gram made a pie and everyone wanted to know if there wasn't some way to 'put it back together'

Went to visit my grandfather in Oregon after I got out of service and the blackberries on his place were huge but they were more tart than sweet ... oh, well, that was gramps as well.

I see you are putting on a little weight there but it's not so much that it looks bad.  Over half way there so you've got it made.  (( unmarried male here ... right?!?! ))

Some videos of the pups and the stroller are in order, but you've mushed, no?  that shouldn't be too much of an adjustment.

ETA: Gran'pa cut down the cherry tree when he was mowing the grass around the house with a hay mower. He was my grandmothers second husband so 'the other grandfather'

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life   A day in the life - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2024 4:01 pm

My husband pulled a granddad the other day and mowed down my old fashioned gooseberry bush. it grows by where the path I walk the dogs is and the path goes around it. For some reason it didn't dawn on him why the path made a big swoop in it and he rammed the mower right over the top of my gooseberry bush. I don't have much hope it will sprout back. If he had done it in the spring then maybe but this late in the fall I have a feeling it's toast.

I have two types of blackberries. I have thornless that get good sized but they are hit or miss on taste that do their thing in the spring. Then I have this set of extremely thorny blackberries that bear fruit in spring and fall. The spring crop doesn't usually amount to much but it will consistently wow in size and taste in the fall crop. Even when we had the horrible drought last year that dried up ever other variety of blackberry.

I have a large contingency of fruit. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, black currants, boysenberries, elderberries, and I HAD a gooseberry. Orchard has cherries, peaches, apples, and pears. I have figs and lemon trees in pots I bring inside during the winter. I also harvest off our american persimmons. I have a row of hazelnut bushes, as well as a couple walnuts in production and pecans going in next spring. I plan to replant my grape vines sometime. Deer put a lot of pressure on them at the old location so they couldn't get good size to produce so going to reestablish in new spot and hope for better. Some of this is still working on getting to production age. None of it was in when we moved to this house 6 years ago so everything is pretty young. Doesn't undo my aggravation every time my husband mentions moving like it's no big deal to start it all over again.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life   A day in the life - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:44 pm

Do not know where my reply went! Jenn - you look fabulous! I'm betting that 10 pound gain will soon balloon - last trimester, if i remember correctly, starts to become a pound a week!
Those blackberries look wonderful. We had some but a woodchuck was eating them before they got really sweet. I think he's now living in my shed, will know soon, when i put the pool to bed for the winter, the shed gets totally rearranged for storage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life   A day in the life - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

A day in the life

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5