It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Weigh in... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
I thought they always got really small after labor? silent when i went to go and meet Zoey her mom was in really good shape and looked healthy
Don't go by my judgment cause I could TOTALLY be off here! She just looks veerry thin around the face and legs. I don't really know what dogs "should" look like after giving birth, but that would not be what I would picture, but I could just TOTALLY be an idiot there!

Pictures are also deceiving.... so it could just be an off shot Smile Someone who has more experience with puppies could probably shut me up good Smile

Weigh in... - Page 6 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Koda wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
I thought they always got really small after labor? silent when i went to go and meet Zoey her mom was in really good shape and looked healthy
Don't go by my judgment cause I could TOTALLY be off here! She just looks veerry thin around the face and legs. I don't really know what dogs "should" look like after giving birth, but that would not be what I would picture, but I could just TOTALLY be an idiot there!

Pictures are also deceiving.... so it could just be an off shot Smile Someone who has more experience with puppies could probably shut me up good Smile

Tori, I have to say I'd agree with you just from looking at the pic but as you said, pics can be deceiving. I've seen a lot of bitches just after birth and they are generally a little bigger but if she is a naturally thin girl to begin with then it may just be her. Certainly doesn't have the typical show girl look to her but that's all relative too. What bothers me most about that pic is no blankets or soft bedding for mom and pups? Sad

Jennet, each individual will grow at different rates so she may be heavier than Embry was at her age but she may even out sooner. Embry will probably continue to fill in over the next 2 yrs and Zoey will probably follow. We'll just have to wait and see. Smile

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 pm

i should find the pic of sierra with her last litter! she was much smaller then she is now Sad

Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:38 am

We had Isis at the vet's for her annual. She now weighs 57#! I HAVE got to talk to Sadie about treats when she comes to let them out every day! Sisi has just been gobbling up her food lately, but they HAVE been spending a lot of time outside when we are home. I can't believe she weighs as much as Nanuk!
We have noticed, tho, that she has grown a LOT since we first brought her home. I mean, her body is so long now! She is pretty much even with Nanuk as far as size, height, etc.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:48 pm

jbealer wrote:
i should find the pic of sierra with her last litter! she was much smaller then she is now Sad

I didn't know Sierra was an ex-breeder, how did she end up in rescue? Sad

amykmac wrote:
We had Isis at the vet's for her annual. She now weighs 57#!

57 lbs isn't too bad unless she's a small girl, what's her target weight?

Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Well, Val..... Not sure of her target weight, but she WAS a little girl when we got her. The Doc said she is right where he wants her to be, unlike our Mika. Sisi has grown much longer, and her back end filled out nicely! She was right around 52# last year, but I think she's around 3 now, so should be done with the growth spurts! Tommy calls her his little tank, as she is solid. Very Tom-boyish...
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm

How tall is she?

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:07 pm

It's amazing how different they can all be, isn't it? Especially two same sex dogs of the same breed who are the same height but have different builds and are way apart in weight. Never ceases to amaze me. But it is good that your vet thinks she's right where she should be. Yeah, at 3 yrs old she should be done filling out by now. Little tank, I love it! Laughing

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:24 pm

amykmac wrote:
Well, Val..... Not sure of her target weight, but she WAS a little girl when we got her. The Doc said she is right where he wants her to be, unlike our Mika. Sisi has grown much longer, and her back end filled out nicely! She was right around 52# last year, but I think she's around 3 now, so should be done with the growth spurts! Tommy calls her his little tank, as she is solid. Very Tom-boyish...

That's what my vet said about Ginger and she's 60 lbs! Ginger is now closer to 4 years old and she sounds like she's built just like Sisi...a solid tank! LOL! Very Happy But she acts very dainty...LOL!

Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Tori-are you asking me about isis' height? If so, ohhhh, she's around knee-high.. Very Happy
Claudia-Our Isis is anything BUT dainty! She's adorable, but acts like a little boy. Tough little booger when taking on the others, although she's a big baby at other times! And judging by the way people at the vet's office talked to her, she LOOKS like a boy.. I had to keep saying "She's a girl! Her name is ISIS!"
Isis (Sisi) is the one to the left in my avatar.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:43 pm

amykmac wrote:
Claudia-Our Isis is anything BUT dainty! She's adorable, but acts like a little boy. Tough little booger when taking on the others, although she's a big baby at other times! And judging by the way people at the vet's office talked to her, she LOOKS like a boy.. I had to keep saying "She's a girl! Her name is ISIS!"
Isis (Sisi) is the one to the left in my avatar.

All of your 3 are absolutely beautiful! She doesn't look that big in the picture but I guess you can't really see her body. Ginger is about knee high also...her vet says, 'she's short and stocky'.

Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:48 pm

That is our Sisi! Stocky.
May I say, Ginger is a looker herself!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:26 pm

amykmac wrote:
That is our Sisi! Stocky.
May I say, Ginger is a looker herself!

Aw! Thanks!
Ginger's rib cage is what's broad. And if I must say so myself, she has a nice waisteline Very Happy

We've put in another adoption application to the rescue where we adoption Ginger from...for a male. I'm partial to the 'Wolf Grey' or 'Silver' color, but it'll be up to Ginger who she chooses. Who knows, maybe she's one that prefers to be alone with her humans! After all, that is what the rescue said about Ginger when we adopted her!

Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Isis has a nice waistline, too. I haven't seen one like that myself since I was ohhhh...3 years old?? Razz
Good luck with a friend for Ginger. I may be partial, but I think that one lonely Husky just isn't right! Nanuk & Sisi hit it off pretty well from the start. Not so with Mika & Nanuk. But they all get along well now, except for the odd spat. Hope it works out for you!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:32 pm

amykmac wrote:
Isis has a nice waistline, too. I haven't seen one like that myself since I was ohhhh...3 years old?? Razz

Laughing Me too!

amykmac wrote:
Good luck with a friend for Ginger. I may be partial, but I think that one lonely Husky just isn't right! Nanuk & Sisi hit it off pretty well from the start. Not so with Mika & Nanuk. But they all get along well now, except for the odd spat. Hope it works out for you!

She does seems lonely sometimes which is why we are looking for a second. And then there are times that she seems to be perfectly content being the 'only Sibe' around the house. But I'll leave it to Ginger and the other male Sibe to ultimately decide.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm

We did everyone's weigh in today and the results are looking good! It's been 2 weeks since their last weighing and EVERYONE GAINED! Very Happy

Here's where they were 2 weeks ago:
Huskyluv wrote:
Dakota's down to 52 lbs, should be 55 lbs. Bad me.
Faith is down to 5.3 lbs, she should be 6 - 6.5 lbs. Sad
Glory is down to 6 lbs, she should be 6.5 - 7 lbs pale

The results of today's weigh in:
Dakota is up to 53.8 lbs, should be no trouble putting on that last extra pound. Smile
Faith is up to 5.7 lbs, I knew she felt a little better than before. Not a huge gain but it's a step in the right direction! Just a little more and she'll be back on target at 6 lbs. Very Happy
Glory is up to 6.6 lbs, she gained half a pound and is right at her target weight! *happy dance* Laughing

Looks like they just needed a major calorie boost after all, man I wish I burned calories the way they do!

Newborn
Newborn
altira

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Kira was 64.4 lb two weeks ago.

She weights a ton!! She has had Cushing's (unknown to me until Mira got sick). She had a tumor removed last month and should be cured. Will see if her weight gets better. She has weighted as much as 73 at one time. Shes also had two TTA knee surgeries. Sheesh...
Back to top Go down
Rhet
Puppy
Puppy
Rhet

Male Join date : 2011-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
We did everyone's weigh in today and the results are looking good! It's been 2 weeks since their last weighing and EVERYONE GAINED! Very Happy

Huskyluv wrote:

Dakota is up to 53.8 lbs, should be no trouble putting on that last extra pound. Smile
Faith is up to 5.7 lbs, I knew she felt a little better than before. Not a huge gain but it's a step in the right direction! Just a little more and she'll be back on target at 6 lbs. Very Happy
Glory is up to 6.6 lbs, she gained half a pound and is right at her target weight! *happy dance* Laughing

Looks like they just needed a major calorie boost after all, man I wish I burned calories the way they do!

This is great news!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:07 am

Yay Val! Smile

ETA: We've recently had to up Koda and Hailey's calorie intake this winter. The new yard set up, plus the snow that they LOVE has kept them outside for 30 mins-1 hr at a time (all being watched of course Smile I made sure to set up my office so I can watch them in the backyard from my window Smile ). This is a HUGE increase and they are just LOVING it Smile But it does mean that they were getting super hungry. Hailey was starting to eat the blankets again and other misc things.

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Huskyluv wrote:

Huskyluv wrote:

YAY!
Glad to hear they're all doing well!
I wish I burned calories like that too!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Took them in to be weighed and its looking good sierra is down 3lbs since nov. And is at 51.4lbs
Jack is now at 54.5lbs
Now to just hold them to that.

I really felt sierra put on weight cause she looked bigger but it must be her winter coat Smile

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:46 pm

nice! Smile
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:04 pm

jbealer wrote:
Took them in to be weighed and its looking good sierra is down 3lbs since nov. And is at 51.4lbs
Jack is now at 54.5lbs
Now to just hold them to that.

I really felt sierra put on weight cause she looked bigger but it must be her winter coat Smile

I could tell Sierra has lost weight. She's looking really good!

I haven't weighed Ginger lately....she's getting her 6-month check up so I'll find out then.

Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Icon had vet Last Week And She went from 22.5 3 wks ago to 28.5 Thats my Lil Pigger <3
Weigh in... - Page 6 180803_496159588123_733943123_6248996_8046531_n
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:34 pm

she's so adorable!

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next