It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Trillion's knee post.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:48 pm

So sorry to hear about Trillion. Hope you find some comfort in knowing that he's finally in good hands. Praying for him to be on the road to recovery really soon!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:53 pm

pandactivity wrote:
The. Estimeate is 590
So we are currently applying for care credit.

good luck! do you have a back up for the $ if you can't get the CC?

i would also be sending that other Vet a letter or a visit and see what they say about the new review on Trillion, i would also be asking for some kind of refund or something since it does not seem like they treated him at all.
hope your getting him fixed up now the right way!

Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:58 pm

So sorry for Trillion, but glad you finally have a diagnosis that makes sense for the amount of pain she's in. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:35 pm

We did not get aproved for cc
Our reguler vet has a payment plan so we made an apointment with them 9am tomarrow
But we want to find somebody NOW.
We're still looking.

Sad
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:37 pm

jbealer wrote:
pandactivity wrote:
The. Estimeate is 590
So we are currently applying for care credit.

good luck! do you have a back up for the $ if you can't get the CC?

i would also be sending that other Vet a letter or a visit and see what they say about the new review on Trillion, i would also be asking for some kind of refund or something since it does not seem like they treated him at all.
hope your getting him fixed up now the right way!

I agree with Jenn on this one. That other vet sounds like he blew you guys off when Trillion was in obvious agony. Make sure you document EVERYTHING and then go have a chat with this other vet.

Best of luck for you guys, and I hope now that you have some competent care Trillion heals quickly!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:55 pm

pandactivity wrote:
We did not get aproved for cc
Our reguler vet has a payment plan so we made an apointment with them 9am tomarrow
But we want to find somebody NOW.
We're still looking.
Sad
got any family that can help you out? and tell YOUR vet he needs to see you today! i would just show up and say this is an emergency and you have to see us! if i was a pet owner there to just have some shots done on my guys i would surly let you go a head of me.

Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:04 pm

We asked family my parents are the ones who paid the 190. They gave us a 100 to start her emergency fund when we got her, so they did their share and currently don't have any money to spare, my boyfriends mom said we should not have gotten her in the first place....(she's not an animal person) so.. that's a no.

Sad we exsplained what happend they said they have one vet on staff and they're all over booked today but we got the first apointment for when they open up tomarrow.

Back to top Go down
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:14 pm

No offense but your vet sucks! They should make time for such a serious painful injury. I guess you have to play nice to work out the payment plan but I would be in full on bitch mode if my vet brushed me off and Raven was in that much pain.

Keep her as immobile as possible and don't let her try to walk or get up at all. I hope everything works out for you and Trillion.
Back to top Go down
Montana14
Puppy
Puppy
Montana14

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:24 pm

There is a local rescue here that has a vet on staff, and they take emergency cases immediately. They also work with the owners and set up payment plans for treatment. Do you know of any in your area that might do that?
Back to top Go down
Montana14
Puppy
Puppy
Montana14

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:27 pm

paleobones wrote:
No offense but your vet sucks! They should make time for such a serious painful injury. I guess you have to play nice to work out the payment plan but I would be in full on bitch mode if my vet brushed me off and Raven was in that much pain.

Keep her as immobile as possible and don't let her try to walk or get up at all. I hope everything works out for you and Trillion.
+ 1. I know my vet would take my babies in a heart beat and treat them if it was this serious. I'd seriously give that vet a piece of my mind then start calling family and friends for another vet recommendation.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:48 pm

There isn't many vets around we went to the first one where we got crappy care. That was an hr and a half away the second one we went two was two hours.
Both highly recomended the second vet was nice they really did throughly check her out and were nice but unfortuneately working out a payment wasn't an option to us, they took us in right away even in front of their other cliets that were clearly waiting before us.

Her vets office is generaly nice and they work with us and give us free heartworm proventivite and stuff for fleas and are great, but they also are the only vet on the whole mountain area. So it gets packed.
However I agree they should have seen her right away because of the amount of pain she's in, but I am going to play nice that way we can proceed with a payment option.

We havnt let her do anything we bring her food and water to her level to where she's laying, we lift her out to go potty and we try to hold her up when she trys to go, we carry her to and from the car and all that she hasn't had to make any steps on her own really.
She's been laying in pain wimpering a lot today.

I feel like a bad mom cause I can't do anything but I'm doing the best I can she's still getting her tramadol but the vet we saw today said she should be on antiflamitorys as well. Bi hope tomarrow morning come fast and trillion sleeps most of the day/night .

On top of that she hasn't really botherd with food today.

Sad(
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Also small note she clocked in at 38.7 pounds today.
(Also the first doctor never weighed her for her meds he also never gave her a blood test to put her under which they're apairnetly supposed to do to check for complications)

Edit:
I put a little warm water and low sodium chicken broth in her food, she's now licking it hopefully she will have some soon
Back to top Go down
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Don't beat yourself up. You are stuck in bad situation. Just keep her as comfortable as you can until you can get her to the vets. I was frustrated that your vet wasn't doing more to help, not at you. I am sorry if I made you upset.

If they are doing surgery it might be better if she doesn't eat.

Just hang in there we are all here for you.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:40 pm

We are all pulling for you and Trillon. In case you didn't get all the dosage info on Tramadol:

Tramadol (Ultram Rx) is a a pain relief medication that has similar effects to narcotics but is not actually a narcotic compound. It is useful in both dogs and cats for long term pain relief. This is a medication that can be used by veterinarians who are adverse to using controlled substances but who wish to provide some benefits associated with narcotics. The recommended dosage in dogs is 1 to 2mg/kg every 12 hours but doses up to 5mg/kg and dosing intervals as short as every 6 hours have been used when necessary in dogs without major reported adverse effects. In cats the recommended dosage is usually 1/4th of a 50mg tablet per cat every 12 hours.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Paleobones, you didn't make me upset don't worry. Its just difficul t, iv never had to deal with something where my pet was clearly in pain worse iv delt with was kitty aids and my cat at the time seemed fine just sick sometimes.
Sad

Also thanks for the info lordbrolli I googled just the name and got results of people taking it for recreational purposes... confused
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Also failed to mention one of the side effects of Tramadol in dogs is whining. I think it can make them feel strange and anxious.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Just a suggestion, but I would invest in some puppy pads while she is immobile. I know that you don't want her to regress,but it would be much easier on her and you if she could use a puppy pad instead of going out.

That is simply my suggestion.

I'm hoping everything will be okay. You will be in my thoughts!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:35 am

I'm sorry you're going through this Sad Is there any way you or your bf can apply for a credit card through your bank, or even walmart? they're usually pretty good about giving credit cards to younger people.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:50 am

I'm keeping you and Trillion in my prayers.

I'm so sorry that this had to happen. No one ever plan's on or think's this sort of thing could happen to their dog. I've been in you're shoes and I truly feel for you. You're doing all you can do, which is wonderful. Keep up the good work and stay strong for Trillion, because she need's you now more than ever. Dog's can pick up when you're stressed/upset, so I'm sure that is bothering her as well, so stay strong.

I know times can be hard, so if money is an issue, I would be more than happy to donate to Trillion's vet cost. Let me know, PM me you're paypal if you have one and I'll try to help you out as much as I can. Just try not to stress too much and take care of that pretty girl.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:02 am

Hayden_69 wrote:
I'm keeping you and Trillion in my prayers.

I'm so sorry that this had to happen. No one ever plan's on or think's this sort of thing could happen to their dog. I've been in you're shoes and I truly feel for you. You're doing all you can do, which is wonderful. Keep up the good work and stay strong for Trillion, because she need's you now more than ever. Dog's can pick up when you're stressed/upset, so I'm sure that is bothering her as well, so stay strong.

I know times can be hard, so if money is an issue, I would be more than happy to donate to Trillion's vet cost. Let me know, PM me you're paypal if you have one and I'll try to help you out as much as I can. Just try not to stress too much and take care of that pretty girl.

Thepeople on this forum never cease to amaze me. You don't need me to tell you this, but if more people were giving in the world it would be a much better place.

PM meas wel, I can't contribute a lot but I can contribute something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:24 am

Wow you guys are great, We're going to see if we can cover this ourselves first, we don't have much but we are going to try but thank you so much if it turns out to be something we can't afford or the down payment (since we are trying a payment plan) is too big ill let you guys know, but we have another 300 dollars now from my boyfriends mom who decided to help out hopefully the 400 is enough for a down payment and it's nothing too bad.
we are hoping just for them to pop her joint again and cast it,
but we are being realisitic about this.

Thank you all so much.

Also; Jennet&Embry i wasnt aware you can use a walmart credit card and use it at the vets.
ill deffeneantly look into that,
thanks again everyone
Trillion my boyfriend (duffy) and I can't thank you enough for being here for us.
<3
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:33 am

The walmart credit card I believe is store only, but the walmart discover card is for anywhere that accepts discover.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:44 am

pandactivity wrote:
Wow you guys are great, We're going to see if we can cover this ourselves first, we don't have much but we are going to try but thank you so much if it turns out to be something we can't afford or the down payment (since we are trying a payment plan) is too big ill let you guys know, but we have another 300 dollars now from my boyfriends mom who decided to help out hopefully the 400 is enough for a down payment and it's nothing too bad.
we are hoping just for them to pop her joint again and cast it,
but we are being realisitic about this.

Thank you all so much.

Also; Jennet&Embry i wasnt aware you can use a walmart credit card and use it at the vets.
ill deffeneantly look into that,
thanks again everyone
Trillion my boyfriend (duffy) and I can't thank you enough for being here for us.
<3

Well just know that help is here if you need it. When I was 19 our Yorkie needed an emergency GI surgery and my fund's were low and if hadn't been for my mom I don't know what would have happened to him, so I know exactly what it feels like to be in a tight position. So, please don't hesitate to ask. On the other hand, I commend you for wanting to do this yourself. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:37 am

I would be glad to chip in as well if needed. Good luck. Paws crossed for Trillion.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:01 am

Best of luck with all of with Trillion surgery today.

I could chip in a bit if if needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trillion's knee post.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next