It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 5:26 pm

12 weeks, 15.0 lbs

So he's approximately gaining 1 pound a week, cool. Cool
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Bodhi weighed 53 lbs, yesterday on the vet's scale.
He's four years and five months old.

I'd like him to be about six lbs. less.
I've cut his TOTW to 2 cups a day.
He's getting walked about 8 miles a day.
About once a week, we bikejor, and once we get some more snow on the ground, we'll be skijoring.
But I haven't run since February and I am sure that's why he's gained weight, because he isn't running either.

Last edited by jalepeno on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 5:54 pm

My puppy is almost gaining 400grams a day... he is 9 weeks 4 days old... Is this quite normal for sibes at this age? he is currently 11 pound 11 ounces

Last edited by histi on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stuffed up weights.. metric to imperial is hard lol)
Back to top Go down
iceiceice
Newborn
Newborn
iceiceice

Male Join date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Ice is 102lb, 4 years old.

the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 OhPnmsPh
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 6:39 pm

histi wrote:
My puppy is almost gaining 400grams a day... he is 9 weeks 4 days old... Is this quite normal for sibes at this age? he is currently 11 pound 11 ounces

Sounds normal to me. Layla was around that same weight at 9 weeks. Between 8 and 12 weeks she only gained a little more than a pound, but between 12 and 16 weeks she's gained 5 pounds.
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanks I used some online crappy calculator for fun to see what he might weigh when fully grown and it said only 14kgs... pfffft... maybe if I starve him (jokes), this boy has giant feet!
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Just been to the vets for his second vacc, and as the scales are more accurate, he is actually 14lb 5oz!!  

Ive just been weighing him on my human scales  Wink  (10 weeks 1 day)
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Willow is just over 11 months old & weighs 41 pounds!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Willow is one pretty husky!
Love the stripe in her mask.
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

Female Join date : 2013-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:00 pm

weighed my girl at petsmart today! she is 15 weeks old and weighs 15.6 lbs seems to be averaging about a pound every week. thought she would have a growth spurt by now Sad when did you guys' pups have their growth spurts if any? or was it just a steady growth for every one like what my pup is doing? Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Layla seems to be growing steadily as far as I can tell, only when she does grow, some parts grow more than others Razz ... such as now, as her legs are disproportionately longer than the rest of her body. She's also lithe-looking but is getting tall and has room to fill out. She weighs about 18 pounds now at 17 weeks. I imagine she'll be over 20 pounds the next time I take her to the vet after the New Year.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:10 pm

I can't remember when he hit his big puppy spurt, but at one point Diz was averaging 2-3 lbs a week. It was def before 20 weeks though, I remember that for sure.
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:16 pm

capellalayla wrote:
16 weeks -- 17.8 pounds

She's very much on the lighter side but the vet says she is very healthy. She's gained five pounds since her last weigh-in at 12 weeks. Her legs are so long now! Could be soon enough she'll have a growth spurt and really fill out. She certainly has no problem eating. In fact, we had to get her a slow-feeder bowl because she was eating too fast!
i had the same problem with the inhaling of food lol i bought one of those doggy treat puzzle toys and fed her with it this afternoon... it actually took her like 10 minutes to eat when it usually takes her maybe 50 seconds to eat almost a cup of food... not good
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Layla's the same. We bought her a slow-feeder bowl and a Kong Wobbler. I also have another treat-dispensing ball we bought her but we're saving that for Christmas. The slow-feeder bowl about triples the time it takes her to eat her food (we're at about 90 seconds now up from 30 before) and the Wobbler keeps her occupied for a good 5 to 10 minutes. I've noticed she's a lot less gassy now, which is also a plus. Excess gas and burping just after meals is a sign that bloat could be developing.
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:44 pm

yes that is what i was worried about was the bloat factor. i was scared to death of that so i decided that 11 dollars was a good investment for this puzzle toy. plus she gets some stimulation.. her mind is working hard on getting to that food  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 5:46 pm

iceiceice wrote:

And I thought my 80 pounder was big. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rundown
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 6:29 pm

At 3 years old my boy is at 75 pounds.
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Digger is 15lb 14oz today (10 weeks 5days)
Back to top Go down
barbianj
Puppy
Puppy
barbianj

Male Join date : 2013-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 12:21 am

September 9th (8weeks) 12#
October 1st (11 weeks) 19.2#
October 16th (13 weeks) 25.5#
October 29th (15 weeks) 30.2#
November 11th (17 weeks) 36.2#
November 27th (19 weeks) 40.6#
December 12th (21 weeks) 47.8#

the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 20131217_142603-1_zps76487543
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 12:40 pm

jalepeno wrote:
Willow is one pretty husky!
Love the stripe in her mask.

thank you!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:37 am

Yesterday my puppy turned 12 weeks and weighed in at 10,5 kg (23 pounds-ish) at the vet office Smile
Back to top Go down
iceiceice
Newborn
Newborn
iceiceice

Male Join date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Huskydad wrote:

iceiceice wrote:

And I thought my 80 pounder was big. Shocked

Yeah, he's a big boy! He's pretty much double the standard, I'm perplexed as to how he is so big because he doesn't look like he has a shred of malamute in him.
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Today at 11 weeks digger is 16 pounds and 8 ounces Smile
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:40 pm

11 weeks and 2 days digger is 17 pounds 14 ounces... gee he is increasing fast... he looks bigger every day at the moment
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 4:09 pm

weighed my girl again today and she is 16.3 lbs at 16 weeks! still waiting for that growth spurt. putting on a lb a week since she was eight weeks old Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next