It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:39 am

I think that's normal weight Sarah. The last time I weighed Kody at 6months (he's now 8months) he was was also at 40lbs.He's skinny and lanky also! I have to get him weighed to see how much he has gone up (if anything).
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Biko, weighed in at 60 lbs. last week and Adobo is at 50.3 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:43 pm

How funny is that Adobo and my Dakota are the same weight! Razz

Okay so we did weigh ins this weekend and I was absolutely shocked by the results. Dakota is down to 50.3 lbs!

Why was it a shock? All this time his target/perfect weight has been about 55 lbs. Since he's been eating more raw the past few months I've noticed several changes. He's built up more muscle mass and looks very nice and solid. When he trots you can see the muscles under his coat moving and he just looks amazing! He actually looked to me (visually) like he had gained weight so I was expecting a result closer to 60 lbs. Not only that, but prior to feeding a higher raw content in his diet his flanks would 'jiggle' when he moved (like he was carrying some extra weight) and he no longer has jiggly flanks when he moves! Laughing And the only thing that has changed is feeding less kibble/canned food and feeding a lot more raw. He is the picture of health and perfection and he's now only 50 lbs! At 50 lbs on kibble he looked really skinny, what a difference diet makes!

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Ginger still holds at 58 lbs, but her build sounds like Dakota where you can see her muscles move when she's trotting along. She is a very slim 58 lbs since she's been on raw (now up to 5-6 oz a day for dinner), and she's solid! No more jiggle either! Her transformation since introducing raw has been amazing!

...Now, I have a LOT of work to do with Storm....

Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:05 pm

the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 201011_10150170987223124_733943123_6914869_4614170_o

Mira 1 yr Old - 47 Lbs
Icon 7 Months Old -44 Lbs
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:07 pm

I Was About To Ask if feeding Raw Would Keep EM Leaner .. Cuz i Been Givin The Girls ALot Of Raw .. And They Get TOTW .. They ARe DOinn Excellent On It But Mira Lost 1 Lb .. But She Just Blew Coat Too ?? And We been Very Active !
Back to top Go down
SiberianHuskySibhee
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:08 pm

My Sibhee weighs 46lbs. Is this weight normal for a 2 year old dog? She looks small to me.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Perfectly normal, breed standard for females is 35-50 lbs. Sibes are a medium breed, not a large breed. Don't be surprised if most other female sibes are bigger, most are larger than breed standard unfortunately.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:12 pm

I ended up BIG huskies - they both are beyond standard! Ginger doesn't really look as heavy as she weighs...and my boy, well...he's exceptionally beyond standard! Razz

Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:58 am

Oh great! Thanks Huskyluv! Smile
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Got some fresh numbers today...

Sioux - 112 (down 5 from 60 days ago)

Coco - 87 (down 3 since October)

Limbaugh! - 72 (supper time)

Ridik - 67 (down 2 from a year ago)

Tambi - 4.6 (up .1 from a year ago)
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Storm is Sioux-size but isn't Sioux a Mal?
Storm is 105.5 lb. husky...

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:34 pm

Does Storm have papers? I can't remember... I know he has blue eyes so he can't be a Mal, but COULD he be a Mal X?

the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Koda wrote:
Does Storm have papers? I can't remember... I know he has blue eyes so he can't be a Mal, but COULD he be a Mal X?

He does have papers and he's all husky. Of course, he's still overweight, but I'm measuring correctly, from the ground to the top of his shoulders, he's about 25". His mom, if I remember correctly, is within standards, on the bigger side. I don't think his dad has weight or height. Storm looks exactly like his mom, shorter tail and all. But his dad looks like where Storm got his size.

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:47 pm

cmanding wrote:

Well, technically he's a pig.

That's a monster Husky there. I bet he gets crazy active when that falls off.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:00 pm

harrise wrote:
cmanding wrote:

Well, technically he's a pig.

That's a monster Husky there. I bet he gets crazy active when that falls off.

Aw no, Eddy! Razz

Storm is getting stronger and more playful. It's a good thing Ginger is nimble - she just runs circles around Storm until he gets tired.

Here's the breeder where Storm came from:
http://alaknaksiberians.com/home.html

His mom:
http://alaknaksiberians.com/sheeba
He looks like his mom.

His dad:
http://alaknaksiberians.com/lhsrambo
His dad looks giagantic...and I bet he is which is where Storm got his size.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:31 pm

wow storm does really look like his mom!

poor piggy, soon he will look small compared to Limbaugh!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:57 pm

jbealer wrote:
wow storm does really look like his mom!

That's where he got his shorter tail too!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:17 am

Kody got weighed at the vet yesterday. He's gained 4lbs since his last visit. Now at 44lbs (9months). Have to take Mya to get weighed at PetsMart to see if she's lost anymore!
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 am

Appa is at 51 lbs @ 5 1/2 months old. We leaned him up some since we got him.

Here is looking a bit more svelte. I'll get a standing shot for a better view.
the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 Img_0110
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Wow Appa is a big boy! He's ADORABLE! I can't get over how cute he is..lol
Back to top Go down
HuskyLuvver
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyLuvver

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Dropped off Amber to be spayed this morning...official weight was 32.0...up .4 from her last visit and shes almost at 7 months.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Dakota has lost 5lbs and is now 60lbs. Willow is 55lbs @ 10 months. That seems like alot but when I look at her, she looks tiny to me.
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Milo weighs 61lbs at 12months
and Poor lil Roxy weighs 23lbs. She is so petite but is healthy. She honestly is the weight of an Alaskan Klee Kai just taller.

the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 20110515
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:22 am

Evie was weighed yesterday and is only 20lbs. at 18 weeks. The vet says she looks great but said she is pretty small for a husky of her age- even questioned her birth date. Should I be concerned? I don't know what is considered a "normal" weight at this age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next