It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster Empty
PostSubject: Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster   Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 11:52 pm

As I said, I leave for Vegas on Tuesday and I won't be back until Sunday. Sheba already cries and is distressed when I leave for work, and I'm worried about how she is going to handle me being gone for almost a week.

Not sure if anyone recalls, but awhile back (like Mayish) I posted a thread about her being destructive in her crate. When Ares got here, I bought her an airliner type crate and she is doing wonderful in it. However, if I leave to take either Kennedy or Ares outside, she stands at the door and howls and cries until I get back. Even if she can see me, she cries. Just yesterday, she was outside on the tie out with the rest of the gang and I got in my car to leave. Chris had to grab her because she was throwing her weight towards me trying to get the tie out thing to come out of the ground. I could hear her howling over the radio. If she is gated off into the bedroom and I am in the living room, she carries on the entire time.

I do not know what to do about how attached she is to me and I am worried she is going to make herself sick when I am gone. BUT I am also wondering if maybe this will help her get over her obsessive need to constantly be with me. 

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?? I don't know what to do or what to tell Chris to do with her.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster   Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:45 am

You can try giving her a shirt with your smell on it in her crate maybe. That might help a little.. Thats the only idea i got im sorry
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster   Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:26 am

I dont have any ideas for you but after leaving my two with my sister for a week they actually behave a bit better. They seem to have picked up potty training from her dog and their not being as clingy they can stay in my room alone for at least a few minutes loose with out me coming back to find something destroyed or Bella yowling her head off. Bella's attitude toward Jasper has improved also shes not being quite as mean with him. I dont know if this is them seeing that I wont just leave them somewhere or if they have just settled better now that they've been gone and come back but they are more relaxed. By only draw back is that bella has started REALLY complaining if shes in her crate and I'm not in the room, she sounds like someones murdering her, she settles soon after she hears me leave the house. Maybe it will help her attachment to you, but i would be prepared for her to not like you for a bit when you come back too. My old dog was very attached to me and she was fine with me going to school or out for a little while she would just follow my grandmother around but if i went to visit my mother without bringing her when i came back she would be all over me for a few minutes then hate me for a day or two and yell at while snuggling to my grandmother. Hope that helps some. Good luck, I think she'll do okay shes got her buddies and someone to look after her. Maybe it will help better her relationship with Chris. I would just tell him to watch her closely and try tiring her out a bit more maybe give her a snack she doesnt normally get a few times while your gone to make it a better experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster   Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster Empty

Back to top Go down

Leave for Vegas on Tuesday, worried about the Shebster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1