It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
AngelCocoaPup
Newborn
Newborn
AngelCocoaPup

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:41 pm

My family's last husky, Chelsea, racked up a long list of things chewed and eaten:
-a section of linoleum floor
-assorted garbage from the trash can
-food left on the counter
-ashes from a barbecue pit
-several food and water bowls

Luckily, she didn't ingest the non-food stuff!

Animals:  Chelsea girl was definitely a backyard hunter. She didn't bother eating them, though.

-birds (cowbirds and blue jays). She would catch them in mid-flight.
-opossums
-a squirrel head (ewww...)
-attempted a turtle, but luckily the shell was too hard.
-tried a live toad-once.  The taste put her off. (The toad was okay.)

My family's current husky, Angel, is still young. Smile My mom's watching her like a hawk, but she still seeks out unattended socks, rocks, and dead things.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:53 pm

ateam043 wrote:
Jen - is the towel used as a puppy diaper when you are away at work (assuming they have free roam of the house)?

Alex,
Sierra seems to only pee in that one spot and after cleaning it up a zillion times i just started to put a towel down to help with clean up and it has worked! they do have free roam on the lower level of the house while we are gone. it seems she has more accidents in the summer due to drinking more water since we don't have AC the house gets warm, if we are gone over 6hrs there is a chance we will have a mess to clean up Sad don't trust anyone in the area to let them out during the day...

Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:12 pm

Watson keeps seeming to find the remotes for the xbox. He now has chewed off the joysticks on two separate controllers. Now those will be fun to replace. Lets hope that people learn to not leave them on the couch and put them back where they belong.
Back to top Go down
nayelle1
Newborn
Newborn
nayelle1

Female Join date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:04 pm

My male husky likes to dig in the garbage can and my little one chews on clothes and in dead things.
Back to top Go down
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Jen, have you tried the wee-wee pads? i figure that would be easier than a towel since it doesn't leak out the bottom, and are disposable?
Back to top Go down
TropicHusky
Newborn
Newborn
TropicHusky

Male Join date : 2013-06-20

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:40 am

Mine ate my dads Crocs Shoes!! lol
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:24 am

Sky ate my dress shoes, the phone line and some of my stairs carpet

Phoenix is a sock monster.. he hasn't ate a full one yet just nibbled out the toes/heels. He also likes rolls of sellotape
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:23 am

Two small wash clothes, a sock, half a pillow case, countless leaves and twigs, a hot dog bun IN the wrapper, and I am starting to suspect a puzzle piece that's gone missing. Somehow we've lucked out and been able to get *most* of these things out of her mouth and not had any blockages.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:30 am

A tube of chapstick and some Halls cough drops out of my purse. I checked, none of the ingredients in either should be toxic, and Halls does not make their drops with Xylitol. So, I'll probably have 2 Huskies with the runs later today What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 1625187496

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 am

Toilet paper, Q-tips, bark off logs, a piece of baseboard molding Evil or Very Mad, ripping threads out of my brand new bathroom rug, but other than that he doesn't eat it persay. Though he will steal socks.

He'll eat any food item that I may drop anywhere near him and if he catches a bug he'll eat it. And the normal grass and mud. /shrugs

SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:16 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
A tube of chapstick and some Halls cough drops out of my purse.  I checked, none of the ingredients in either should be toxic, and Halls does not make their drops with Xylitol.  So, I'll probably have 2 Huskies with the runs later today What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 1625187496

At least they'll have lovely lips and no cough Laughing

I hope it doesn't upset their stomachs too much
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Not a Husky, but Lulu ate the pocket off of a pair of hiking shorts this morning. I'd had training treats in that pocket and I guess she smelled the residue. They weren't even on the floor, but I know it was her because I caught her in the act. Asshole dog, now I have to go drop $50 on new Columbia shorts.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Apparently...a spider.  

It seems it is more reasonable that he had one in his mouth as opposed to him being bitten externally given the swelling and focal points of how it spread.

We spent most of last night and this morning in the emergency vet clinic because Link had a pretty bad allergic reaction to, well, something that caused him to yelp loudly while he was playing with a tennis ball near the edge of our living room.  His snout and face and eye were all swollen, and his right eye was shut.  He looked like a bull terrier for quite a while.  Seems to be responding well to a benedryl and a steroid injection so far.

Silly puppy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:13 am

Just recently Bane has chewed...

- a phone cord [in half]
- shoelaces
- a cardboard box
- SPY sunglasses

and broke two of my personalized coasters. Easy fixes, but still a little upsetting. The phone cord and shoelaces are easy replacements. I think it was the sunglasses I was most upset over. Horrible thing was, I thought they were placed high enough up that he couldn't get to them! My bad for thinking that!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Kenzi made her first mess today. I came home from work and she had destroyed some walmart bags all over the house and chewed on an empty tea jug. Not so bad until I walked into the kitchen and saw the spool of thread on the tile (I have no clue where she got that from), then frantically started searching for the needle that used to be in the top of it. I managed to find that across the room so no doggy ER for us today, thank God. It turns out the hubby didn't give her her rope before he left for work this morning so she got it herself and then some. Funny thing though, three uneaten taquitos were on a plate untouched on the counter not far from where she got her rope and the bags. Weird dog.

Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:35 am

An entire pack of Juicy Fruit. (Loki)
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:36 am

Sheba- Cat poop, a whole frog, a whole baby bird. She then proceeded to projectile vomit like a person would on and off for over an hour. Not cool. She was back to her normal self very quick though Smile.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:47 am

Yuki - A piece of cardboard. She thought it'd be cool to try and eat a cardboard box while I was gone for 2 minutes to take Link out Laughing She didn't get far.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 8:37 am

This week
- A empty soda can
- A unopened soda can (he pierced it and soda sprayed all over the couch and coffe table. Not fun to clean up at 5:00am while getting ready for work)
- Goose poop
- starburst wrappers
- failed attempt at a beer bottle (found it on his cot)
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Just ate through my mac charger.. grrr and he was just chewing on his bone on the floor!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Karli was tearing up a cardboard box last night, which was totally fine. Then she proceeded to tear up the scrapbook I had just gotten in the mail so now I have to find a new one!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 8:25 pm

I forgot to mention but a couple weeks ago Yuki ate Cloud's personalized etsy tag. Great, another dog thing I need to buy now Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunatic Fringe
Newborn
Newborn
Lunatic Fringe

Female Join date : 2013-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
Sheba- Cat poop, a whole frog, a whole baby bird. She then proceeded to projectile vomit like a person would on and off for over an hour. Not cool. She was back to her normal self very quick though Smile.

The first week I brought Luna home, I was taking her for a walk the day after a thunderstorm. I look down and notice she's happily bouncing around with these two long legs sticking out of her mouth.. it's a dead and very stinky baby bird! I was at least able to get it out of her mouth before the projectile vomiting though..
She used to eat everything on our walks, especially cigarette butts for some reason. I'm glad she kicked that habit. Now one of her favorite things to do is go hang out beside the horse pasture in our backyard and eat grass with the horses. It's like she watches them and decides it looks good so she tries some too!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Dakota is our little garbage disposal. She's had butter, chicken, bacon (a whole pound!), plastic bottle caps, and a tennis ball (at least it's in pieces in the back yard). Laughing 

Demon's not quite as sneaky, but he'll take egg shells out of the sink and paper towels from whatever surface he can. Rolling Eyes 

That's all in the last few months...don't get me started on when they were puppies!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 11:52 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:

[! I was at least able to get it out of her mouth before the projectile vomiting though..
She used to eat everything on our walks, especially cigarette butts for some reason. I'm glad she kicked that habit. Now one of her favorite things to do is go hang out beside the horse pasture in our backyard and eat grass with the horses. It's like she watches them and decides it looks good so she tries some too!

Very Happy That's awesome lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next