It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Craigslist Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:56 pm

just finished it Razz
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Aww that's awesome!
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:07 am

tongue, tongue, tongue. born 9,10,11. lol
Back to top Go down
KLovelace12
Newborn
Newborn
KLovelace12

Female Join date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 am

Awwww... he shares my birthday! That must mean he's extra special! Smile
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: NC huskies - 2 available   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:43 pm

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/pet/3133728730.html

They're adorable!

We have a two year old Siberean Husky female and a male free to a good home. We will enusre they are going to a good home, with good shelter from the heat, fenced in yard and we must know they they will be taken care of. Very beautiful dogs and very good with kids and visitors. They are just too much for us to take care of when traveling and working. They have both been neutered and have all their shots and are up to date. If interested please call or text me at 910.723.5033. Do not email me.
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:51 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:

They're adorable!

We have a two year old Siberean Husky female and a male free to a good home. We will enusre they are going to a good home, with good shelter from the heat, fenced in yard and we must know they they will be taken care of. Very beautiful dogs and very good with kids and visitors. They are just too much for us to take care of when traveling and working. They have both been neutered and have all their shots and are up to date. If interested please call or text me at 910.723.5033. Do not email me.

Awwww! Why did I look? Do they want them to go to separate homes or do they have to stay together?
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Robyn lol! you could use two more Huskies right !!!! lol!

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:08 pm

LifeInSnowMotion wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:

They're adorable!

Awwww! Why did I look? Do they want them to go to separate homes or do they have to stay together?

No idea - but even if someone could foster one for a while they'd be better off with someone knowledgeable than someone posting "free to a good home"!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 pm

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pet/3126644882.html

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pet/3135725536.html

found these two today
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 pm

So many of them in CO too Sad breaks my heart.
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:46 am

I tried so hard to convince Kevin Sad All of his arguments were very valid. Darnit.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:24 am

My cousin sent me this because she didn't know any better asking if I could help (I won't help people off of craigslist, I only go through shelters or rescues). However I read the post and it makes me want to scream. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they got hate mail.

Quote :

Hello,

So we have been raising our two huskies for the past four years (They both are around 4.) Since we are having a baby and are not able to give them enough attention and enough time, we unfortunately are looking for a loving family with a big yard and enough time to walk them.
They are wonderful with kids and wonderful with people. Just meet them and you'll see =).

Please email us at the following email addresses:

We are looking for a family with a big yard, and positive previous vet records. Ideally we are looking for owners who have had experience with huskies, but that is not required.

Serious inquires only. We will send you photos, more information, and visitation times upon request.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/pet/3144168878.html

Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:18 am

I really dislike some people in this world..... Stuff like that drives me crazy....

Joke Pic below..... But shows how wrong it is.
Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 Free10

~Chris~
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Just offering an alternate point of view, we don't seem to get upset when someone has to re-home their pet for other reasons like moving or it doesn't get along with other pets, etc. Why then are we so upset when people rehome because of a new baby? I guess I am just seeing this with new eyes since I was pregnant and have a newborn at home. I had a tough pregnancy and was even on doctor ordered bed rest for a whole month. Even after our baby was born she was a colicky baby and even now is a little firecracker demanding constant attention when she is not sleeping (and she's a light sleeper at that).

Anyway, my point is that both during my pregnancy and after my daughter was born my dogs are the ones that are suffering because frankly, the baby will always come first NOT the animals. My dogs have not been regularly walked, trained, or played with for the past 6 months. They are lacking stimulation, exercise, and interaction. They mope around the house all sad and desperate for attention that I don't have the time or energy to give. The only things my dogs get are the bare minimum these days, they get taken out 4 times a day in our large backyard and they get fed 3 times a day, that's it. It's horrible but at least several times a week I walk into the kitchen and notice their water bowl is empty and I honestly have no idea how long it's been empty (I check their water bowl at least twice a day usually more, so I know it's never more than several hours max). Add all that negligence up and is that really fair to my dogs? Is that a better life than being rehomed with someone who does have the time to walk them and play with them and give them all the training and daily interaction they need? I would never rehome my pets because I am selfish and love them too much, plus I know that this phase will not last forever and at some point I will have more time for them. And if I had a young rambunctious husky, I know that our current situation would NOT work. I am only able to get away with not exercising my dogs because they are a bit older and settled down.

I do get what the humorous FB post is saying but you can't put a child and a pet on the same level, people will always come first. To me, putting animals and people on the same level is very sad. I love my pets, I really do but they'll never come before my husband, my daughter, my mother, father, sister, etc. I am one of those people that believe pets are a lifelong commitment and would never give mine up because of my child, however is that always the best thing for each animal in a given situation? My answer would be no, so I would hesitate to judge those rehoming over a new baby in the future. Please forgive my rant, I used to feel the same way about people rehoming pets over a baby and now that I see other side of things I am much more sympathetic and open to the idea in certain cases. Do some people rehome when they don't really need to? Of course, but we are not in a position to know the details of everyone's situation so that makes it unfair for us to pass judgement. Just had to get that off my chest.

Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Well put Val! I completely agree with everything you said 100%!

I find myself relating to what you said. It's very hard keeping up with everything with such a busy life, but we make it work some how Smile I personally don't have any children of my own yet, but have been raising my little sister as my own since she was a newborn. It can be very stressful juggling children, pets, and a personal life, but everything works out the way it should in the end.

Last edited by Hayden_69 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Maybe my opinion will change when I have kids, and I definitely agree with you Val after seeing the changes in friends and family member's lives with newborns and children.

However, to me... it is one thing to rehome a pet because things are not working out. But... to rehome a pet simply because you're having a child, without even trying, REALLY makes me upset.

And while I do my best not to judge, it upsets me to no end to see animals suffer because a person's unwillingness to put in effort. If after trying, it's simply not working, make the best decision for your pet. But in my world... my animals are worth the effort.

I think I've only shared this fear with you, Val, but Koda scares me with kids. We are working a LOT right now trying to socialize him with my best friend's son and my nephew, but he is NOT child-friendly... and I'm petrified of having to make that choice someday... but just because of that, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't TRY and make EVERY attempt I could at training and socializing and working with my dog to the best of my ability before I had to choose a child over him. I don't know if I ever could, but that very real fear is there.

Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Tori, I'm not sure how old Koda is or what exposure he has had with kids, but I've had that very same fear. When my male Dalmatian was younger he had horrible issues with children! I couldn't even take him out in public, because he lunged and had even bit a close friends child once. I was absolutely terrified that he was going to hurt the wrong person one day and either get taken away from me or worse. I'm not sure what happened or what "clicked" in his mind, but I don't really have problems with him anymore. I'm not sure if he just grew out of it, but all his aggression he had when he was younger has just seem to go away. I still watch him very closely and don't trust him 100%, but compared to what he was, he's a completely different dog! What I'm getting at is that maybe with time Koda will grow to accept children.

He loves you and when you decide to have children he will know something is different with you're body while you're pregnant. I've heard so many women tell me their dog's changed so much while they were pregnant. I'm sure he will accept you're child, because he will know it's part of you. If he still has issues, there are lot's of special trainers that deal with that sort of thing. Many of my clients have taken their dog's to trainers after they give birth to insure their dog will be accepting of the new baby. In only one case my client had to rehome her two Doberman's, because they did not accept the child and to this day (8 years later) she still regrets giving up on them. I'm sure if she put in a little extra work, it would have been fine, but she didn't try hard enough. You seem like the type of person who doesn't give up, so I'm sure this will be no problem for you at all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:58 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:
Tori, I'm not sure how old Koda is or what exposure he has had with kids, but I've had that very same fear. When my male Dalmatian was younger he had horrible issues with children! I couldn't even take him out in public, because he lunged and had even bit a close friends child once. I was absolutely terrified that he was going to hurt the wrong person one day and either get taken away from me or worse. I'm not sure what happened or what "clicked" in his mind, but I don't really have problems with him anymore. I'm not sure if he just grew out of it, but all his aggression he had when he was younger has just seem to go away. I still watch him very closely and don't trust him 100%, but compared to what he was, he's a completely different dog! What I'm getting at is that maybe with time Koda will grow to accept children.

He loves you and when you decide to have children he will know something is different with you're body while you're pregnant. I've heard so many women tell me their dog's changed so much while they were pregnant. I'm sure he will accept you're child, because he will know it's part of you. If he still has issues, there are lot's of special trainers that deal with that sort of thing. Many of my clients have taken their dog's to trainers after they give birth to insure their dog will be accepting of the new baby. In only one case my client had to rehome her two Doberman's, because they did not accept the child and to this day (8 years later) she still regrets giving up on them. I'm sure if she put in a little extra work, it would have been fine, but she didn't try hard enough. You seem like the type of person who doesn't give up, so I'm sure this will be no problem for you at all. Smile
Thank you Sad

And for what it's worth, you're not the first person to tell me that they think Koda will instinctively know that my child is part of his pack. In the last few years, Koda has changed a lot. He is more "cuddly" if you will and he is without a doubt MY dog. He has imprinted on me in the same way Hailey has with John. Koda waits for me to come to bed at night and paces if I'm not there. He has bonded very strongly with me. I REALLY hope that makes a difference when we start to have kids. Koda is 5 years old right now. By the time we have kids, he'll be approaching his senior years, so I hope that helps as well. But he does all those same things... he lunges and nips at kids and I have to watch him like a HAWK. If the child makes any sudden moves, Koda is there and that frightens me.

I don't know what I would do if I had to choose between my child and my heart dog... but you bet your ass I'd call in a professional trainer before I ever resorted to that decision.

Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Koda wrote:
Hayden_69 wrote:

Thank you Sad

And for what it's worth, you're not the first person to tell me that they think Koda will instinctively know that my child is part of his pack. In the last few years, Koda has changed a lot. He is more "cuddly" if you will and he is without a doubt MY dog. He has imprinted on me in the same way Hailey has with John. Koda waits for me to come to bed at night and paces if I'm not there. He has bonded very strongly with me. I REALLY hope that makes a difference when we start to have kids. Koda is 5 years old right now. By the time we have kids, he'll be approaching his senior years, so I hope that helps as well. But he does all those same things... he lunges and nips at kids and I have to watch him like a HAWK. If the child makes any sudden moves, Koda is there and that frightens me.

I don't know what I would do if I had to choose between my child and my heart dog... but you bet your ass I'd call in a professional trainer before I ever resorted to that decision.

Trust me I've been there! Dom (my dalmatian) has been connected to my hip for the past 9 years! He's been through thing's with me that my sister, mother, and my closest friends don't even know about! He was there for me when no one else was and it was break my heart if I ever had to make a decision like that. He didn't start calming down until he was about 7, so hopefully Koda will have the same success. I'm sure with the amount of work you're putting into him then there will be no issues.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Koda wrote:
However, to me... it is one thing to rehome a pet because things are not working out. But... to rehome a pet simply because you're having a child, without even trying, REALLY makes me upset.

And while I do my best not to judge, it upsets me to no end to see animals suffer because a person's unwillingness to put in effort. If after trying, it's simply not working, make the best decision for your pet. But in my world... my animals are worth the effort.

I completely agree with you. It's just, how do we know what the circumstances are? How do we know said person doesn't have a high risk pregnancy and doctor ordered extended bed rest or some other health restriction brought on by pregnancy? Just saying...

Koda wrote:
I think I've only shared this fear with you, Val, but Koda scares me with kids. We are working a LOT right now trying to socialize him with my best friend's son and my nephew, but he is NOT child-friendly... and I'm petrified of having to make that choice someday... but just because of that, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't TRY and make EVERY attempt I could at training and socializing and working with my dog to the best of my ability before I had to choose a child over him. I don't know if I ever could, but that very real fear is there.

I understand and I honestly don't think you'll have a problem raising a child with Koda as you can work with him through it. Glory has always been terrified of children to the point that she gets aggressive and bites out of fear. I was most worried about her when I had Isabella. Believe it or not she's been great with the baby, even when Isa is screaming and flailing her arms and legs. It's like she sees Isa as an extension of me and therefore she likes the baby. You'd really have to witness the change in her to fully appreciate it. I think you'd probably have a similar scenario with Koda. And worst case scenario, you continue to work with Koda if he doesn't change on his own.

Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 12:18 am

This one is awesome- i love his ears. He is 50% husky (right ear) 50% lab (left ear)

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/for/3092711982.html
Back to top Go down
Diego&Roscoe
Newborn
Newborn
Diego&Roscoe

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:03 am

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pet/3152549628.html

aww Sad
Back to top Go down
Juturna67
Puppy
Puppy
Juturna67

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:11 am

g0tmus1c wrote:
I was just searching the pets section on craigslist the other day and I realized how many people have husky puppies/adults up on there. It really seems like a problem to me, how many there are. Anyway, I came across this and thought it was pretty cool. More people should do stuff like this. Maybe I will start...!
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pet/2889916372.html

Nice another person from LA county! I live in Whittier Very Happy

Koda wrote:
My cousin sent me this because she didn't know any better asking if I could help (I won't help people off of craigslist, I only go through shelters or rescues). However I read the post and it makes me want to scream. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they got hate mail.

Quote :

Hello,

So we have been raising our two huskies for the past four years (They both are around 4.) Since we are having a baby and are not able to give them enough attention and enough time, we unfortunately are looking for a loving family with a big yard and enough time to walk them.
They are wonderful with kids and wonderful with people. Just meet them and you'll see =).

Please email us at the following email addresses:

We are looking for a family with a big yard, and positive previous vet records. Ideally we are looking for owners who have had experience with huskies, but that is not required.

Serious inquires only. We will send you photos, more information, and visitation times upon request.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/pet/3144168878.html

I don't understand? I don't see anything wrong with this.

Here's two.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/pet/3152920986.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pet/3157339720.html
Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

Female Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Juturna67 wrote:

Awesome Smile I go to school in OC - Fullerton, but am from Torrance.

this one looks soo much like my Luna...
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pet/3159416473.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pet/3158923061.html

poor puppies!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Juturna67
Puppy
Puppy
Juturna67

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:44 pm

g0tmus1c wrote:
Juturna67 wrote:

Awesome Smile I go to school in OC - Fullerton, but am from Torrance.

this one looks soo much like my Luna...
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pet/3159416473.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pet/3158923061.html

poor puppies!! Sad

I am assuming CAL State Fullerton? I live like 20 minutes from there haha. I am going there hopefully next fall Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Craigslist Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next