It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The Desert Pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

The Desert Pack - Page 41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2024 2:26 pm

I had to put baby locks on the bins of dog food because Kasper could figure out how to get in them.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2024 11:08 am

I don't understand this ... I haven't had a dog in a long time who 'invaded' the food bag.  

Even the new little monster only got 'yelled at' one time and decided that grabbing a mouthful wasn't a good deal (tweren't me, avalanche 'yelled' at him)

ETA 06/20:
@amymeme sending you a pm if you don't mind.

And some newby by the name of Alberto was promising to leave me some stuff but so far all I'm seeing is a lower temp (Thank you for that) and enough fog that it looks like someone stole my mountains. (Alberto is the tropical storm that went into Mexico and since low centers have most of their activity to the north, we really expected to get something (and a lot of something would be nice)

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 11:30 am

I'm not sure if I did this before but the Wisdom Panel results are in for Belle (and have been for Avalanche for a long time)

Belle: https://www.wisdompanel.com/app/s/tfb075v
Avalanche: https://www.wisdompanel.com/app/s/s2r9nc7

What I find interesting is there's such a preponderance of northern dogs down here - or is that all over?

Not enough rain out of Alberto to count. Added a few inches to my tanks but not a whole lot.

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 1:54 pm

If you mean northern dogs in shelters, it's everywhere. People like the looked than find they can't handle the energy and sass.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 1:59 pm

Al - do not see a PM, don't mind at all. I may be slow responding, have a whopper double whammy of bad knee exacerbation along with my stenosis acting up, and possible expanding and/or disc problem developing.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 4:27 pm

@amymeme I killed the PM when I realized that the doctor was prescribing medicine for HYPOthyroid condition when what I have is HYPER ... how can I say that I'm not impressed. Called him on it and his response was "oops, I made a mistake, you're right." Glad he's not a surgeon!

I've actually gotten a small handful of strawberries from the pot this year and a half dozen tomatoes from the plant that's potted. The figs came on great and then dropped (literally) because of the heat.

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 6:32 pm

I wish I had some veggies etc growing. I have all sorry of stuff that need planting but first it was just easy to cold at night than my knee acted up big time. So my activity has been truncated pronto. The bakers cyst had been leaking and my lower leg comes and goes as far as piano leg imitation. At this point, I'm probably resigned to a steroid injection in my knee to hopefully get me through the summer and then, most likely knee replacement. I cannot continue like this - the inactivity will kill me quicker than anything. I can't take NSAIDS and acetaminophen only goes so far. Yesterday was particularly bad, hubby was out and about for errands and I did something resulting in being confined to sitting. Son and granddaughter were over for swimming and hobbling with a walking pole up to the pool was the best I could do. And I was miserable trying to sleep, hubby than said he picked you some CBD to see if that might help, supposedly has some anti-inflammatory properties (I also had to stop the turmeric when we found out it can cause ulcers, I've been on high doses of famotidine for 2 months ago for severe burning in lower esophagus/stomach when I swallow food). I took half a CBD gummy. Oi wasn't impressed with the pain relief, still had to take acetaminophen but for the first time in months I slept for a good 8 hours. Usually I wake up in pain after about 5 hours. But relief that puts me to sleep during the day really isn't helpful as far as getting to do things!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 12:10 pm

Still getting some straggling broccoli. Cucumbers are covered in baby cucs but not large enough to do anything yet. Need to pull the garlic and the winter onions. Tomatoes are starting to turn. Squash have begun putting on. Peas are finished but I'm going to start fall sprouts inside sometime coming up. I need to get more bush beans in. Going to put those where the onions are when I pull them out. I didn't get as much in this year as intended. Like normal the newer section of garden didn't get finished this spring again so another year of it sitting fallow. I should have gotten more sunflowers in while we were still getting rain. Now it's going to be hard to get anything new up because I'm terrible about watering a lot and it's just too hot. Need to update scrapbook.

Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 5:20 pm

@aljones It's always so cool to see dog stats such as that!

Now to go sorta on theme with this thread, it's currently 94 degrees..but with the humidity boost it feels like 104 as the stats say. I see 96 waiting for us on Thursday. At my current job, sometimes we have to do some yard work, but we get it done before noon. It's the toughest part of my job, but that only happens once a week or so.

Speaking about veggies/healthy stuff. I didn't understand onions and peppers until my 20's, nowadays sometimes I ask for extra of that stuff on foods. Especially when grilled or caramelized. On the fruit side, since January, I've been having a banana every day. I eat one on my drive to work every morning. I set that into place to avoid snacking on chips or eating something without being hungry. I'm never hungry in the morning, but I welcome a little snack. A banana is the perfect solution.

I have no experience with CBD, but have only ever heard great things! It just came to mind that I gave Mylo CBD oil for quite some time before we went the levetiracetam tablet route.

On the topic of sleep, I typically sleep 6 hours. Usually I end up falling asleep after 11:30pm. Sometimes I try to stay up later, but I fail cause my body just shuts down lol. My eyes just naturally open at around 6:40-7am. It's just how it always happens. It works out great cause my typical work schedule is 8am-5pm. It's superrr tough for me to get up before 6am, it's so unnatural for me.

I just felt like yapping today! Enjoying a day off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:23 pm

My eyes open naturally most days lately in response to the madly, happily woo woo wooing of a tail wagging husky somewhere between 7 and 8, this morning an unheard of 6:47 AM. He had his breakfast than out he went, and, after business completed, sacked out under the rhododendron. Seeing him settled, I promptly headed back to bed and got the rest of my sleep!!!

Son 2 came over this afternoon, granddaughter needed a camp physical and get pediatricians office is closed for 2 weeks. I'm walking much better today (as long as I take short, slow steps) and asked son if he noticed the difference. Answer? "Yes, now I can time you with my watch instead of a sun dial" 🙄

Scheduled appt with ortho. He had already recommended a cortisone injection short term but long term, knee replacement, but I wasn't ready to that route yet. At this point, my life is severely limited and I'm not happy about it. Laundry is piling up. I have seedlings needing transplant. A dog that gets almost no walking (he does get free run off 5 acres). Oops. Just remembered - I need to add chlorine to the pool. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2024 10:05 am

@davecerv if you ever find a theme to this thread then someone's made a serious mistake!! I suppose the theme for the forum is supposed to generally be Sibes but with so few of us still wandering through, I think it's more a case of friends chattering.

@amymeme I have to bring a friend back from Alpine when he drops his truck off and we're supposed to be there by 10:AM so I'm trying to wake up and get started and get dogs into place since they're going to be crated for the early part of the day. 1.5 hrs up / 1 - 2 hrs shopping / 1.5 hrs back ... they're gonna be ready to get out and run a bit when I get home. Interesting note, Belle responds much better than the other two, even considering her makeup. I don't expect anything with 35% Sibe to respond to "Come!" but she's pretty good about it. What I do find interesting is that she'll bark when she wants something, then it's a case of "Okay, what the blazes (or other) do you want???"

@Twisterii I thought you were talking about one of the dogs! << ducking >> While I'll gladly share your good news, I'll save my congratulations till after the fact ... How does hubbs sfeel about being outvoted by a female population?

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2024 10:11 am

I do believe this is early for you, Al? Have a good trip. And a good cup of coffee or 3 or 4.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2024 1:33 pm

Hubs has been in the depths of the female populace for years. All 3 of our cats are females. We've been a 5 to 3 household for several years.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 1:49 am

@amymeme cbd actually a wonder molecule but most people have a similar reaction you had. Several potential reasons it didnt work.. a, its unregulated so unless you have a licensed dispensary to get it from it might have less or no cbd. B, doesnt work as well on empty stomach eat something with fat because its fat not water soluble. C the dose isnt nearly high enough most of the time and d, topical is much more effective then gummies. Try a higher dose like 50mg to 200mg for pain if its a gummy. And if you can find it try something that is 1:1:? First 1 is thc second 1 is cbd and ? Is for cbn. Topically that wont get you high. Lately i have been dumping a thc/cbd/cbn tincture into a bottle of icy hot with lidocaine because they were out of the my brother's flower super salve i usually buy. But not sure what is actually available in ny.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 2:25 am

This was purchased from a licensed dispensary in NY. I'm not thrilled with it - hubby said it wouldn't make me high but it does have 5 mg THC. I took only half but when I did a conservative half life of 24 hours, if I took it daily I'd still be running just shy of 5 mg on board. I don't want to jeopardize my driving!  After stopping for a day, I do believe I got some pain relief. Particularly the neuropathic pain from the stenosis. But I'm gonna use the cbd only for when I'm really, really miserable and need relief. I see Ortho tomorrow. Last time I saw him he offered steps injection, suspect that what will be on the table tomorrow. Not happy with that, either, but I'm not living the rest of my life on my butt in the kitchen!!!

Last edited by amymeme on Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 2:30 am

I would try a really strong topical. There is no getting high from a transdermal. Warning about gummies with cbn, cbn in a gummy can leave you waking up with a pot hangover
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 7:47 pm

Welp. I did it. Got a steroid shot in the knee. Big sissy that I am. The doc very kindly, compassionately and succinctly, with my X-ray in the background detailed my choices: continue with ice packs/heat, acetaminophen, make lifestyle modifications, get a cane or try the steroid injection or knee replacement. When I told him I was worried about steroids on the knee causing more damage, he pointed to the Xray and said you can't damage that knee any more then it already is. Sigh. I'm already walking normally but we took a long nap this afternoon, Ami was on the end of the bed and I was crowded and twisted. Now my lower back, right butt, right outer leg, and lower front leg are icy-hot, burning and a bit numb. Doc said the same thing as Wayne, need to see a neurologist to have the stenosis revaluated.

Ya know. When I was younger, I did not know what's a big part of my social life, going to various doctors was gonna be...
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 9:40 am

Since kenzi has gotten where she can't really jump much anymore, nor does she see much anymore, I have somewhat gained my leg room back on the couch and I had gained all of my portion of the bed back, but Kasper has since decided to take up her place in bed. Luckily he isn't there all night but usually somewhere in the 3am range he makes his way in and I'm back to being curled into the fetal position mostly, or trapped on my side because he likes to lay along my legs (or completely over them). Heck of a foot warmer but we will see how this sharing goes as I get further along with this pregnancy. Hubs got me a pregnancy pillow that came recommended by some women at his work. It's huge. I tried one night and about cooked and it's still just too puffy for where my hips are at currently, but in that one night Kasper still found a way to nest into the middle of all that.

Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 12:04 pm

Welp, I had to go look at 'pregnancy pillow' - now I ain't never been pregnant (and have no plans on becoming same) that doesn't look even remotely comfortable.

My older pups have no interest in sharing a bed (or owning mine, for that matter) but Belle wants on the couch which I wouldn't mind if she'd keep he blithering tongue in her mouth!  In between licking and drooling, if she's on the bed for long I'm ready to get a towel!

People keep saying that time goes faster as we get older ... and this new year is now half over and, well, it's half over .... sheesh!!!

ETA: I really lie, Sky is one my couch if I'm not, she's not into sharing but she'll take her space if she can.

Last edited by aljones on Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 5:00 pm

Supposedly the pregnancy pillow will be more necessary as I get further along. I'm only just getting into second trimester right now. If I feel a little uncomfortable a normal pillow between my knees seems to work fine. Too much puff in the pregnancy pillow for my pelvis right now and just ends up making my hip hurt.

Time does seem to be flying. I swear there's two months in there I don't even remember. To the extent that I forgot to renew the license plates on one of my cars. Usually I get a mailer notice and just do it online but no mailer notice came so I completely missed it. Literally been rolling around on expired tags and no one has said a word.

Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 5:00 pm

Silly puppy is a lot of fun but she's also going to drive me nuts!
Let's see, she barks when she wants out. Not a problem, really, it's not a shrill bark but when she's standing 5 feet away from me and barks it's like "Dog, go away!!" (( I'm not sure yet that the bark is "I want out." but I haven't figured out what else it might be.
When she goes out, she immediately goes over to chase a lizard (or two or three or ...) Now this is in the same area by the trailer where <whatever> bit her and this doesn't phase her a bit. (( BTW we have no venomous lizards in this part of Texas, according to the Nat Park ))
She hasn't been inside before when I've pulled the vacuum out, today when I decided the fluff had gotten deep enough she was laying a couple of feet from the shop vac when I started it - all she did was look up at it and then lay her head back down. Ms Calm.

So, what's everyone been doing.

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptySun Jul 07, 2024 2:48 pm

Mostly, I'm attempting to tolerate the heat. And catch up on plant annual pots and vegetables that have languished on the shed porch because of my knee. The steroid shot has helped immensely but, mostly, to date, has shown me how abysmally my stamina has plummeted with all the inactivity with my knee so deteriorated. Slowly trying to build strength and stamina as fast as I can before the shot wears off. Now that the knee is mostly functional ( still clunks when I walk and now starting to wake me after 5-6 hours with stiffness and ache. I'm hoping I get 3 months out of the shot but only time will tell. Had my first toasted marshmallow last night. Cooked hamburgers for Wayne and some boneless chicken thighs for me with a foil packet of onions and peppers. Chicken was sliced and eaten on corn tortillas with the veggies. Very pleasant out there under the lilac at dusk. Until the mosquitos made their appearance 😡 And then went to put away "Pool Boy Johnny" only to find him half way up the deep end just hanging out. Sigh. I keep a thermometer hanging from the diving board on a long length of baling twine. Which Johnny tried to eat with his rollers. That took me awhile to untangle but thankfully does not appear to be any damage. I'll run it this afternoon to see if that's true.

And my fence has been acting up. Woke up Thursday to the transmitter beeping. Isolated the fault to, I thought, the surge protector. Seemed reasonable since we had a ton of lightning the previous few days though none directly around us. Ordered new fence surge protector but Friday night the transmitter started beeping again (also lightning in the far distance.) Started troubleshooting with a loop test on the transmitter. Failed at that outlet but for some unknown reason, I tried at a different outlet and it worked. It was late so went to bed to figure out the conundrum in the morning. Plugged it back in the original outlet with the fence wires and now it works. I don't believe I've heard the end of that story however. I've a couple of theories. One is there is a suspicious splice I made last winter when snow and my knee said we'll wait til summer to do it right. And now temperature/humidity fluctuations are making it unstable. The other theory is the outlet is putting out inconsistent power but it is way out of reach behind a bookcase and I use a power strip. Power strip is old surge protector with flickering on off switch. So likely need to replace that. But since everything is working at the moment, am loathe to fix what ain't broke. And starting to track the fence into the woods has shown me just how out of shape I am. If I do have to track the whole boundary wire, will have to be done in stages, I just don't have the stamina. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm trying to cut back on my inhaled steroids, it's an extremely damp, probably moldy environment out there and high humidity makes less oxygen available. So I'm really, really hoping the problem is electricity supply or failing transmitter. Either way, from the overgrowth, looks like I ought to get out there and clear the brush, low branches from the wire path. And probably mark the path and the splices so if it fails when I can't track it, someone else can.

And guessing it's about time to harvest the garlic. Expecting small bulbs as it's really weedy this year. I want get a bed prepared so I can get on early before I have my knee done. Or, at least, husband or son can plant it for me.

So how are everyone else these days?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 9:57 am

We've gotten through the fireworks holiday. Annoying holiday, but the dogs did better than past years. Mostly because kenzi is the main one bothered by fireworks and her hearing has gone enough now that she doesn't notice most of them unless pretty close. Next year will be the interesting one with a baby and idiots who want to party and shoot off sporadically until 1am pretty much any night of the week leading up to the 4th.

We are mostly trying to not float away otherwise. We got 5 inches of rain in two nights. Wouldn't be so bad except of those two nights we got 2.5 on one in about 2 hours and the other night we got 2.5 inches in about 3 hours. That has been the go of it this year. Having rain is great but we are pretty much only having downpours which our ditch can't handle and then dumps over the hillside directly into our shop building. We have dug the ditch deeper and wider. We've bermed dirt up trying to further divert runoff. We are at the point where we are debating trying to pour a concrete "sea wall" between the shop and the road. Preferable option would be to lift the shop frame and extend the foundation wall taller then reset it, but figured around $30k to do that. Probably not wise to do right now with baby on the way and an old furnace we've been waiting to croak so we can justify digging for geothermal.

Brought in garlic last weekend. I didn't have much out. Mostly volunteers I didn't do a good job of getting in last season so they aren't large. I figure to make garlic powder out of them. Same with the onions I've brought in.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 11:19 am

Wow! That's a lot of rain in a short period of time! Hubs flirts with the idea of geothermal - we certainly have the land for it. But he sort of has inertia when it comes to spending large amounts of money " you never know what's gonna happen down the road when we get really old." He's more than a bit wary having had 2 melanomas, multiple basal cells and now prostate cancer ( low grade with surveillance recommended.) His mom had 3 major primary cancer plus a few basal cells (which are, they say, a marker for predilection for other cancers) so he's fairly pessimistic about his future health risks. Me? I look at his 97 year old father, his 2 aunts in their 90s and his uncle on his mom's side who lived well into his 90s.

But our house would need some modification, and certainly upgrades to the envelope to make geothermal a reality. We currently have electric baseboard, only a 54" crawl space, leaky windows everywhere and I suspect the damn squirrels have done a number on the insulation in the attic over the family room ( a school house built in the early 1800s.) Not to mention the damage mice have done to the insulation behind the knee wall in the front upstairs bedroom. I've been fighting mice in that room forever, traps, poison only briefly successful. And there's no food up there, they bring seeds into the house!

Sigh. I'm guessing after we die or when we are forced by health to move, this house will be one of those fixer uppers that first time home owner purchase. If some private equity firm doesn't small it up for outrageous rental costs. (Sorry. Don't get me started🙄)

Jenn - since you're entering the 2nd trimester, you shot begin to feel boundless energy and well being, a very productive time. As long as you don't let yourself get hungry😜

Al - I energy you the young dog energy in the house. Ami is approaching 12 and slowing down. Attached was here for a day and both dogs were limping when it was time for him to go home. And Ami had trouble getting into the car when we went out to eat (always a place with patio dining so the big boy gets an outing. With my knee and Wayne's hip, ain't a whole lot of walking going on, unfortunately.)
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 2:19 pm

Jenn, do you have any idea what we'd give for 5 inches of rain? Well, how about 1/2 inch? What rain we do get gets soaked up so fast that ... well, humidity isn't a problem for more than a day, maybe two. 40% is way high since we're normally in the single digits, maybe teens.

Fireworks, you'd figure with a national park and tourists that we'd have more than our share but with federal (nat park), state (on the highway) and county monitoring everywhere looking for fires I almost dare anyone to light even a sparkler! We are so dry that we've been under an enforced burn ban for something like two - three years. Burning trash is only when there's no breeze. I wish we could convince either the ranch ( a pseudo development ) or the county to set up roll-offs like they have in Florida but they've indicated that personal trash is a personal problem ... and don't get me started on Texas politics!

Amy, with avalanche approaching 14 and Sky a solid 13 the 2 year old is a puppy! Picture this: We're standing in the doorway for Avalanche to go out, I have Avalanche by the collar with one hand, reaching for or have his lead in the other hand, Belle comes up and grabs Avalanche by the hock, I can't do anything, my hands are full, Avalanche can't do anything 'cause he can't turn around ... and Belle is having a ball! There've been a few times where Belle plays and Avalanche says "Nope!" and Belle sounds like he's killing her ... but that doesn't even slow her down.

Avalanche has reached the point that he has trouble getting up into the Jeep so I'm gonna have to get the ramp I used for Sasha out (don't even want to think about that!) He wants to go when I do but it's getting more difficult ...

I've gone through one crop of Tomatoes and have flowers and small growth for another crop. The fruit isn't particularly large, just right to cut into quarters and munch on. Wonder if I can take cuttings and winter them over ( after summer gets out of here )? Figs didn't do anything, set some small fruit and then dropped it before they got any size to them, I wonder if they'll set and produce this fall.

Dropped my Jeep off at one of our local mechanics - the one I would prefer to use has disappeared - with luck I'll have it back Wednesday ( wish in one hand ... )
Replace the driver door latch, I looked at that to do it and it ain't gonna happen!
Shift boots (upper and lower) ditto above comment
rear brakes ...
I figure somewhere around $750 but we'll see.....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 41 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Desert Pack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 41 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next