It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27
AuthorMessage
essiyll
Newborn
Newborn

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 11:33 pm

And some updated pictures of boris from today,with attempted stacking and terrible lighting.  He's just a tad over a year older in these pics(about 2.5yrs.)  He's definitely filled out...i can't tell if the lighting is making him look thicker than he is or if it's his winter coat or he is just...thicker. About 55 or so pounds in these pics.  

he sure knows how to pull off puppy eyes

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 Img_1610
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 Img_1612
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 Img_1611
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 10:04 am

I know it a old thread but what do you think of Skye, sorry about the photos they’re just her natural poses lol,
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 Cc4e3a10
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 Cee77810
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 8748d010Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 816c5010
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 3c591b10
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 2:34 pm

Pretty dog. But, to start with tail and long coat both disqualifications. As for structure, need a stacked picture to assess that. But, I am not particularly knowledgeable in structure beyond gross faults. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 2:44 pm

She is beautiful and I love her no matter😊 here the only pictures I’ve got of a stacked poseConformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 18c83c10
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 3:11 pm

How big is she, she has a very similar build as squirt (before she got fat)
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 3:55 pm

She’s 24inches to the shoulder and around 27 kg, she’s not over weight though. And it’s very hard to keep weight on her, we bought her as a Siberian husky but I think she’s part wolf dog or 1/4 wolf dog as I saw her mum KC papers but not dads and I saw her dad and he looked a lot like a sib/wolf dog. And she shows a lot of wolf dog characteristics like she will stalk and kill deer, also when she had her litter of pup she injured a squirrel and bought it back for the pups to “kill” and she also regurgitated her food for them. I’ve never had a DNA test though, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 8:02 pm

I do not see wolf dog in her. She is, however, to tall for Siberian husky standard for female (21"maximum height of I remember correctly). That last pic is still not a property stacked picture. But, it does seem like her legs are short for her body and she may be a truffle long in body. Also in this picture, she appears to be come hocked. Do her feet always splay outwards?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 8:27 pm

Here's a video from page 3 or 4 of this thread that shows how to properly stack a dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYM6qIlOUdM&feature=plcp

Also, if you read the whole thread from behind to end, paying particular attention to posts from huskymom09, you'll find lots of great information.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 8:31 pm

My big guy looks like he was put together out of spare parts and a collection of glaring faults. Way over standard for height. Wooly coat. Snap tail. Body way to long and legs too short. No neck.

But, he has a beautiful stop, powerful angulation in his back legs.

And most important? A super sweet disposition and a mischievous, playful personality.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 9:00 pm

I dont see any wolf ears are wrong chest too broad head would be disproportionately larger then the rest of the body. I just dont see wolf..
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 4:32 am

Maybe she’s a malamute cross husky? Or do you think she’s just a big husky😂? Either way she’s so special to me
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:30 am

Build wise she looks alot like squirt and squirts mom. She was pure sibe had papers but not a very well bred sibe. Had the longish body shorter legs. Anyway unless your into dog shows it really doesnt matter.

When spider went to the vet last night she weighed 51lbs, and height and length she is the same size as my 96lb german shepherd so maybe its just her coat making her proportions seem off.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Maybe, the lady who had the litter did say her mum and dad was KC so maybe she is a pure sib just bad breeding like you said.
Back to top Go down
Sky&Eric
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2019-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 5:14 pm

my boy sky has a blue and a brown eye, most people who meet him love his eyes, was just wondering if the if any one new how the judges felt about the eyes being different
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Spider has 1 thats ice blue and one thats wolf yellow. It helps with passing her off as a badly bred husky
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 10:23 pm

Bi-eyes and Parti-eyes are just part of the Husky breed, therefore not held against them by judges. Eye set and eye shape are what judges look at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27