It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Yep you got it!!!!!!!!!!! As long as the pumpkin is just pumpkin no sugar added, you have this!! Yes! Don't expect this to work immediately, may take a few days, you can also use the probiotics the vet gave you as an added helper, but nothing else!
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2017-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Okay, so double cooked rice + chicken, 2:1 ratio chicken to rice and pumpkin, i got the the raw fruit pumpkin, will that do? Also is the below yougurt a good one? or i need to find Keflr?Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 Img_7546
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 Img_7547

So if i get all the above right, its 1 table spoon of yougurt + 1 tablespoon of pumpink + rice and chicken starting 12 hours from now.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 4:58 pm

found a site that sells keflir, can you help me pick one :
desertcart.ae/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=kefir

Also should I give her Imodium? I read online its a drug to help dogs with diaharia.

Okay, so many posts from me, gna cut it simple, gna get the keflir + will the raw pumpkin work? double water and double cooked rice with chicken. pedylites. sounds good!? thank you so much guys for all your support. please advice ifgo ahead with the raw pumpink.

If yes, i will start this tomorrow, but again do i give her the PROMAX probotics or just leave it?

Last edited by Abaroud on Wed May 03, 2017 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Thank you so so much for your help! Should I use the yougurt from the picture I posited? The Rawabi one, or order kifer?

Yes it's raw pumpkin, will cut like a small slice and mix it with her chicken and rice and add a table spoon of the yougurt of kifer depending on your answer. ( sorry for the multiple posts just so worried about our little puppy we love her so much, just want her to get better...
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Start 12 hours after her last meal that you have already gave today. It may be 14 hours whatever, just make sure to stop food for 12 hours. Just give water or pedylite and water, you mentioned that you had been giving something like that already.

Yes continue with the Promax

The yogurt you showed picture is fine, so no need for any other. Rawabi is perfect.

The pumpkin can not be raw, if it is raw then COOK the pumpkin until it is mushy then add the tablespoon.

You are fine for asking, a slight language barrier I suppose, and I certainly understand you want her to be well. Went thru this last year with my girls. So I understand Smile
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:56 am

Hey guys so I made a mistake yesterday and I fed Bella raw pumpkin almost a slice of raw pumpkin, tiny bit of rosemary I added yogurt to that (alpro) tablespoon of coconut oil and I add like a tiny bits of her kibble and I did mix them up on the shaker all of them are finally I added that the rice and chicken which was all wrong (coconut oil, raw pumpkin, Apro yogurt. Guess what her poor turned brown!! Could I have found something that her stomach is finally accepting? Or raw punpkin is a Nono. I mean it's the fruit you buy from the grocery, I don't usually eat that fruit so I don't know it it's a must cook.

Anyway should I cook the punpkin and avoid coconut oil and the rosemary?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 10:48 am

Yes, cook the pumpkin and avoid the coconut oil and rosemary.

Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Vet is recommending an infection by th name of zylexis. Should I consider this?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 12:46 pm

I wouldn't right now. It's just doping her with medication for an infection she may not have. Give the food time to do its thing and then reassess if something else is needed. It's just precautionary medication she doubtfully needs if the food is given proper time to sort itself out.

Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Alright. I'm gna be extra careful now, double cooked white long rice and chicken and yougurt 4-5 times a day. Once I see improvements il start adding a tiny bit of Acana and less mix. Also babylite with water

Any other advice you guys?
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Cook the pumpkin, still give it to her, it will help firm up her poops.

Do not give Zylexis it is a medicine for upper respiratory issues. She isn't having that issue, and more importantly continued medications are just keeping her from healing.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Actually the family gave her a little bit of kibbles mixed with the chicken and rice and she threw up!!. I'm gna stop her from food for 12 hours, in the morning il give her a table spoon of yougurt + tablespoon of pumpkin+ rice and a little chicken. Should I give her the probiotics now or wait and give it with her morning meal? Anything else I can try and give her with the food.. anything at all to stop her diaharia? I'm so sad about her.. she's suffering so much makes me sad
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Follow the directions for the probiotics, if it says give with food then wait until you feed her next, if it says feed with out food then give to her. Keeping it simple and small meals after the 12 hour fast is best, keep it to the continued probiotics, cooked pumpkin, rice, chicken and yogurt. I would keep the meals to around half cup rice/chicken 1 tablespoon each pumpkin/yogurt fed 4 times a day. During the 12 hour fast give water with the babylite only.
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Guys she just pooped, and its somewhat yellow + brown and its paste like i guess..

Last edited by Abaroud on Wed May 10, 2017 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:28 pm

Looks like normal upset belly poop to me. As you fast her the amount should get less and the diarrhea should slow down. If it's in her system it's going to come out of her system. Right now it's going to move through pretty fast.

Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 6:27 am

Hi guys. Was wondering if it's possible to give her some banana or apple as a treat aside from her meals?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 11:20 am

I wouldn't right now. You really need to stick with that bland diet for a while. Too much stuff in her system will defeat the purpose of it and you won't see the results you want.

Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 8:59 am

So she's getting a little better, her stool is paste like. I know it's gna take time so I'm going to be patient.
I found a product and wanted to see if anyone knows anything about it: YuDIGEST Dog
1.Over 200 million probiotic Enterococcus faecium bacteria per tablet work daily to maintain your pet’s natural population of health-protecting gut bacteria.
2.High purity prebiotics MOS, scFOS and Beta Glucans help to block bad bacteria, whilst feeding the good bacteria that supports your pet’s digestive system.
3.The bioactive combination of probiotic and prebiotics support a healthy gut environment to aid digestive health, helping your dog stay fit and active.

Anyone got some experience with this? Would you recommend trying it?

Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Never seen it before, but after looking at it yes I would definitely try that. When you get it, you can stop the yogurt and probiotics that you have been using, YuDigest has better amounts than those items.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Abaroud, this is one of those cases where having some idea of where you are helps. Since YuDigest is a UK product and shipped within the UK, I presume you are also there.

I get accused of harping on this but since most of our members are in the US / Canada it really helps us when new members note in their profile that they're outside the North American area. I respect that in today's world privacy is a pertinent issue, but simply UK would help us. My profile says I'm in Terlingua, TX but I'm actually 18 miles out of town and if you can find me from that, you're a better researcher than I am!! Renee's says that she's in west Texas which covers a lot of territory but it clues us not to send her to a store in NYC, for example.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 1:13 pm

I live in the unites Arab Emirates, Dubai. I however got the product on hand from a pet shop here. I will update my profile.. in addition from her last poop I think this is the hardest stool we have yet seen!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 1:35 pm

I had to check - your weather today is about the same as mine except for the humidity your 37% to my 28% (I thought it felt muggy) I've heard a lot of good things from expat friends who are / have been there - I'm jealous! I suppose if I'd read all this thread I'd have guessed where you are - my bad, I saw that Renee has been answering your questions and she's good so I just glanced at the thread.

My dogs enjoy the heat when the humidity is low (single digits) but when the humidity goes up, they go down - they're all crashed around the living room waiting for it to cool off (in Oct?)
I'm glad you're having some success, it's not easy to take care of a dog who obviously isn't feeling right - they just can't tell us that "Mommy, my tummy hurts."

I am going to ask one question (and forgive me if it's already answered) the pup lives 'en familia' (in the house with you)? While huskies are great at adapting to all sorts of weather conditions from the arctic to the tropical, too much heat - especially with a young puppy - could be a real problem.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 3:43 pm

Bella stays indoors with us all the time AIr conditioned house,
It way to hot for anyone to be outside in Dubai until Octobers.. so ya she gets to walk morning and evening when the weather isn't so hot. She pooped like twice today only and both were not so soft.. I can see a lot of improvement thank god! Still on the chicken rice and pumpkin. Taking out the yougurt and adding the probiotics and prebiotic "yudigest" one tab a day since she's still less than 10kg yet she's almost 14 weeks.

P.S I'm her daddyy!! Her mommy is also worried sick, but doesn't like to post on forums.

Again thanks everyone for all your help.. really apricate it. Will check back in in a day or two!
Back to top Go down
Abaroud
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 3:55 pm

While writing the above post Bella did her business inside the house and it's back to water!! I can't think of anything other than the probiotics I gave her a few hours ago.. I even saw blood in her stool.. is it time to see a vet..? Sad

Today noon poop which was good (sorry for the poop pictures ) https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/19/68/49/87/img_7611.jpg

Now few minutes ago with bloody stool I cleaned it up a bit that's why it's not a full one...
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 Img_7614
Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 Img_7615

Time for a vet or reset her diet?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 7:54 pm

I would wait and see how her next bowel movement goes. Not much there. Could just be remnants moving out of her system.

PostSubject: Re: Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)   Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overbite + Giardia + diaharia (poop pics beware)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next