It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:49 am

I would just call the husband. But I'm a b*tch Razz

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:30 am

Koda wrote:
I would just call the husband. But I'm a b*tch Razz

Very Happy

I can be a bee-otch too when necessary, but I don't have his number....doggonnitt! Smile

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:42 am

Darn!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:50 pm

I finally got an email from his owner...now, as soon as she can get someone to watch the kids so she can go get a replacement cell phone, we can finally talk.

here's part of what her email said...

'...I have to talk to my husband about this and I'm sure I already know his response. I would cancel that Monday appointment...'

so obviously, she STILL hasn't mentioned any of this to her husband YET!!

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:00 am

ughhh, i would not give her Sully back, tell her you will take care of it and find him a loving home that won't put him down when he's clearly not ready to go.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
ughhh, i would not give her Sully back, tell her you will take care of it and find him a loving home that won't put him down when he's clearly not ready to go.

Yep!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:52 am

GEEZ!
She got her cell phone, and last night she emailed me saying she was going to feed the kids, bathe them, then put them to bed and call....she has a 5 1/2 yr old and 20 month twins....wouldn't they be in bed by 8pm?

No phone call...
Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 85993

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:24 pm

More like Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 85993 Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 85993 Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 85993 Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 85993

Sad Must be so frustrating... How is Sully doing though? I think we need more Sully and Ginger pics Smile

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Sully is doing well. He still sometimes will not put weight on his leg, but that's when he's been laying down for a while, but after the first few steps after getting up, he'll walk on it with barely a limp.

He gets up and down the stairs without issue, and he's very excited to go on his walks with Ginger.

I think i'm going to ignore her email saying to cancel today's appointment, and just take him in to get his second Adequan shot since it looks like he'll be with us for at least another week.

We took him hiking on Saturday with Jenn and Ken and Jack and Sierra, but it was a little icy going up the first part, and he was slowing down and limping a little more after 20 minutes, so I took him back down. But he wanted to go! I don't blame him, he never really got out from his yard after the twins were born which was almost 2 years ago!

I'll try to take more pictures and videos of the two of them.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:47 pm

FINALLY got an email this morning.
Lost phone, lost phone number so she couldn't call last night. Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 85993

Here's what it said:

'.....Talked to Mike last night about what he wanted to do but did not use $$ figures because I wanted to see his $$ limit. Basically he said at Sully's age and now knowing he tore an ACL we are not going to put any more money into him except food or grooming. ....'

So they're just gonna keep him around only to have him suffer in pain?! Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 85993 Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 85993

That AIN'T RIGHT!!!

If that's the case, I/we cannot and will not foster him only to watch him day after day be in pain...
That wasn't the agreement...

Crying or Very sad

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:26 pm

What is he, a CAR? "cannot put more money into him" Ugh....

So what is your plan now?

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:50 pm

I will call Amy later this afternoon around 2:30pm.

I am going to just get him the second Adequan shot today to at least keep him comfy while he's under MY care! Even if I have to pay for it myself! He deserves that much!

At this point, whether her intentions are to keep him without pain management when he is returned at the end of the 7-8 months, or for him to be PTS, I will ask her to take him back by Saturday. I think it would be selfish of her to ask us to keep him for 7-8 months with no pain management, and it would be unfair to ask that of us. And it is certainly NOT what we agreed or signed up for.

I feel HORRIBLE to send him back to his owners...

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:53 pm

So no hope for getting him adopted then? Can you call animal control? Or what about the rescue? They seriously won't step in? I just feel like the rescue should be taking a lot more responsibility in this situation and I'm quite disappointed to hear that they are nowhere to be found Sad

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:05 pm

My friend's mom would have taken Sully in, even with his bum leg, but she's on a fixed income and may not be able to afford Adequan. The rescue has an 8 yr old healthy retired sled dog for adoption and he's been in our rescue for over 7 months, so it would be basically taking in Sully as a permanent rescue resident and I don't think we have any more available foster homes for him to go to.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Does tue rescue use a specific vet? Would it be possible for them to step in and help out? Even just getting her the shots "at cost?" I feel terrible I wish I could help.

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:14 pm

I finally talked to Amy.

First, we talked about how he was doing, and if he was behaving, and her 5 yr old LOVED the videos we sent of Sully and Ginger.

I then went on to explain the Adequan shots, cost, initial load and then maintenance, etc. She's really stuck because her side of the family are people that care for pets like members of the family. Husband and his family see pets as animals and they get older, you don't invest money to keep them comfortable...

She does understand that we are active and she does not want to hold us back, so now that she fully understands how Adequan shots work and the cost and maintenance, she will talk it over with Mike tonight after the kids go to bed, and she will call me tomorrow with a decision.

If Mike agrees to pain management on Adequan, we will keep Sully, and we will maintain him on Adequan. If he does not agree, then she will make arrangements for Sully to be picked up ASAP by a friend of hers that works at a Border Collie rescue that 'can help' because she can't be the person to pick him up. She did not specifically say the words, but I understood... Crying or Very sad

She does appreciate us and the rescue and all we've done for Sully so far...even if it turns out to be just a few weeks of keeping him comfy and loved.

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:58 pm

I know....the 5 yr old was so happy to see the videos and tells everyone that Sully is at the babysitters and they'll have Sully back in 6 months....and they will have Sully back if she can convince Mike to keep him on the Adequan...

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:55 pm

How much is it if they administer it themselves?

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:58 pm

So sorry to hear the events being played out, not what we were hoping to hear at all. Sad Keeping Sully in our thoughts and hoping for the best. It's so good of you to go through this for Sully, Claudia, even though it is so hard and stressful. I'm glad that Sully is in your care for now regardless of the outcome. You're in our thoughts and prayers too Claudia, this has to be so much harder for you.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:40 pm

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Adequan-prod10721.html

You can always talk their prices down. It's cheaper to do it yourselves and it's very easy to inject by yourself. It's an IM (intramuscular) injection so you just go straight down.

Really hope she can get her husband to man up and take care of his dog.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:28 pm

My charged me $100 for a vial which would have 3.3 doses for Sully. Then $12 to administer the shot.

When I talked to her today, she does have a big place in her heart for Sully and would prefer to have him in Adequan, but she's tired of fighting with her hubby (which began late last summer) because they come from different places with regard to Sully.

It is a difficult situation for us and for her. And I see the difficult position she is in is created by her husband.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:02 am

I'm jumping on the "dump the husband" train!!!

Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:18 am

I would think that "late life care of pets" would have been a conversation I had with any guy I started dating, very early on... certainly before I ever got a dog. This would just be a horrible surprise. Gah. I'm just gonna count my lucky stars that my hubby loves our pets as much as I do and that there's no way we'd ever have a rift when it comes to the care of our critters.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Here's a cute clip of Sully flirting with Ginger.

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next