It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

2015 Holiday Card Exchange!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Mine are going in the mail today!! Smile I can't wait to receive the rest of the cards bounce santa
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 10:17 pm

many apologizes, for my small pint on the greeting on my cards it looked bigger when i previewed it. now we need a magnifying glass to read it lol.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 12:46 am

Ronin, your card is beautiful!

I was surprised when I designed mine that I couldn't change the font cuz I don't like it! Kohdi's name looks funny in that font Sad
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 1:59 am

Jimmy - did you use Vistaprint? I was able to do all sorts of things with the font - size, color, style. I spent weeks agonizing over various permutations on 4 different designs. Though, now, I wish I had chosen the one with the green background - Leo's and Sierra/Jack's coat color just pop against the green backgroun. But, the card with the green was really simple color blocks and a bit too vibrant for the weak color saturation of the pics I chose. And I wanted snowflakes...I settled for swirlies and doves Rolling Eyes

I still stop at the fridge in wonder, looking at the cards.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 2:37 am

I did use Vistaprint Amy, and everytime I clicked on the font, nothing would happen. I was on my Ipad though and I'm not great on it when it comes to this stuff but I really really wanted the font of the actual message part changed. I would post a pic of the card but it'd kinda ruin it for everybody maybe? Next year I'll start it earlier and hopefully be able to play with various things more.

Amy, I LOVE your card, the colors are so wintery, its a very peaceful feeling. The pics do blend in with everything but not in a bad way, its more like its the way its supposed to look. I love it! I love everyones cards! one that really pops is Colleens, its like "Bam!! its Christmas y'all" I love all the red. Each card has something special about it, I could go on and on telling each person what I just love about their card Smile I was just eating my dinner and looking at all the cards, its just so cool!
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:04 am

Here Jimmy I thought I went the easy way. I used picMonkey to combine the photos into one then utilized there font and color choices. I went to Walgreens online and picked up in the store. I did not like all the extra sayings so I decided those photos would be the card! Glad ya like it!

capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:07 pm

We've gotten the vast majority of our cards, and I love them all! We have them in a pile on our kitchen table for folks to look through.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 9:08 pm

HuskyLear wrote:
Here Jimmy I thought I went the easy way. I used picMonkey to combine the photos into one then utilized there font and color choices. I went to Walgreens online and picked up in the store. I did not like all the extra sayings so I decided those photos would be the card! Glad ya like it!

I really do like it Colleen, it turned out beautiful!!!

Is pic monkey an app or a program? I'm needing something to combine pics into one pic. I used to be able to do it on my desktop with a art program I had on it but now I need something similar for my iPad.

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Our cards finally arrived today thanks to UPS being incompetent and losing them for 2 days. So, they're going in the mail this weekend (I'll be addressing them around finishing a baby quilt tonight), and folks should be getting them next week. I've loved all the ones we've gotten so far Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 1:48 am

Playing with the Big Dogs wrote:
No worries Jimmy Mine are going out today too. So you aren't the last one!

You did good Elise, your card came today Smile its really beautiful too!!!
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:13 am

Jimmy -  Picmonkey is for your browser and I do not think it works for anything mobile. It is a free photo editor that adds filters, frames, text, and effects with editing tool.

I used PicsArt on my tablet once but most times I use my desk top or an andrios collage thingy.
I hear Pixelmator is nice but never tried it. I think that is what my sis and a bunch of here Apple friends use.

I got a bunch more cards this weekend. I had to move to the next side of the column I am filling!

PS if you did not notice I threw a couple of my holiday exchange cards in with SS calendar delivery. Yes I cheapskated a couple of them! Sorry hope ya do not mind.

Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 3:44 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:

Playing with the Big Dogs wrote:
No worries Jimmy Mine are going out today too. So you aren't the last one!

You did good Elise, your card came today Smile its really beautiful too!!!

Thank you, the pictures came out a little dull on the card and kind of tinted dark but not to bad. I think I am going to try one of the other ones next year.

I love getting all these Christmas cards I have never gotten this many before.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Got five more cards today. We're full up. Gonna have to make a new ribbon holder!

2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 Image10

Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Yay someone got mine already lol! I was thinking they may come in late
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Yes! I did. it's so damn cute too!

Everyone's cards are wonderful. I love seeing them. They make me happy every time I see them. Smile

Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:22 pm

I got your card today Rocio, thank you so much, its SO cute!

I like the way you did that display Ashleigh, very cool!

Thank you Colleen! I will look into some of those, I'm really surprised my iPad is so limited with things like that.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:57 pm

No worries Rocio...mine still haven't gone out. Just finished addressing all the envelopes tonight, so they're going in the mail tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 12:28 am

Shit Kim, I thought I was the last one to get cards out Razz

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 1:36 am

Embarassed Things have been busy...plus wrist problems and handwriting envelopes...lol
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 3:15 am

I just blame Aaron for not editing the picture for a month.

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 11:36 am

I've gotten Jimmy and Elise's and Kelly's cards this last week. Even though I got mine out in a not too bad of time frame it's hard to say how long mine sat at the post office waiting for someone to do their jobs. Yours might still beat mine to people, Mer. lol.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 1:01 pm

Jenn (Twister) I got yours! That is one great photo of you guys! And I love your tree!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 1:32 pm

lol. Thanks. It's our leftovers tree. It gets everything that our themed tree in the sunroom doesn't get. My first year doing a tree in the house where the dogs and cat are. They left it alone alright. Only had a couple of the blue icicles go missing. I'm glad you think the picture turned out okay. We didn't have anyone to take it so had to rely on my camera's timer and treat tossing in order to get everyone settled and relatively looking in the same direction.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 3:32 pm

LOL, you're lucky the treats worked for you! I brought a couple treats out in my pocket just in case I might need them when I did my pics and they would not leave me alone til they were gone!

Your pic turned out great Jenn, I really like it Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 4:05 pm

got yours Rocio yesterday, very cute drawing, also got 5 more with some beautiful fur babies and very cool Christmas trees. and one with some cute carpet sharks lol. some wonder snow pictures of Ami and Archer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Holiday Card Exchange!   2015 Holiday Card Exchange! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

2015 Holiday Card Exchange!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7